TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since I'm trying to not have to rebuild my transmission for a long time I've been looking at and reading everything AODE/4r70w/4r75w related that I can get my hands on. I stumbled across PACT after some in depth Sonnax reading and found what they call the "Armored Plate" they advertise it as a super tough plate and claim it's added thickness decreases cross leaks and cracks from the pounding from the 2-3 accumulator piston retainer. It has stock sized holes so it would still need to be jmodded however it is thicker than stock and zinc coated, it's also fairly reasonably priced at $24.

Someone with knowledge.... is this product garbage or would it actually help? I see sonnax also has a plate cover install kit to help do the same thing, eliminate cracking and cross leaks, but I would think this would do the same thing or similar without having to drill and tap the valve body for the additional cover and hardware.

I question this part just as I do other parts on this site, such as the billet 2-3 and 3-4 pistons, all I can imagine from those supposedly "improved" aftermarket parts is increased case wear similar to the aluminum 1-2 piston problem of the early 4r70w.

I was just wondering about the thicker coated separator plate in particular.

As always any and all feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

LINK:http://www.transmissioncenter.net/aode.htm

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
You know youy have to drill and tap the valvebody to put it on right? You can use the plate from an earlier valvebody as well, the 01+ don't have a stiffner. I just use the aftermarket piston and no spring.
Alan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts