1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Whoops my bad, I tried to edit his first post to include the second, but when I went to delete the second one, it got rid of the first! geez!

He is asking about using the new 2002 explorer v8 badges on his bird, if they would look good.

Again, sorry bout that.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Now for my reply :D

I think they would be different, and probably look rather good on a t-bird, especially the lighter colored birds.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
wow, thoes look really good, ive got these ones...

on now, i have to replace that fender due to this...

dodge pickup backed into me.
so i think instead of replacing the emblems with what i already have, the older version i think ill get the newer ones and toss them on.

fyi, the '03 tbird will have the interlocking V8 logo on it on the lower part of the front fender.

·
Banned
1,064 Posts
Call dibs on your old ones if you decide to get the new ones.....I just dont like them......but those old guys look really good.......
--Craig

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Everyone and their brother has the old style Explorer V8 logos. Almost as common as Cobra R's.

I of course wanted to be different and didn't like the 4.6 style so went with these, goes well with the 70's script on the decklid (for now)

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
i just might end up getting the V8 emblem they put on the '55 tbirds. but im not sure yet.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey guys, thanks for the pics, both emblems look very good. I think I am gonna go with the 2002's I like the retro look, very clean. The 98's are real nice also....

·
Registered
286 Posts
ShadowDragon said:
Everyone and their brother has the old style Explorer V8 logos. Almost as common as Cobra R's.

I of course wanted to be different and didn't like the 4.6 style so went with these, goes well with the 70's script on the decklid (for now)
Everyone and there brother are going to have the interlocking ones too soon i bet. :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Yeah like people are selling T-Bird logo third brakelight covers and charcoal coating their wheels and putting the Birds on the wheels on their steering wheels... Ah well, it's nice to be copied after I guess. ;)

·
Banned
1,064 Posts
ShadowDragon said:
Yeah like people are selling T-Bird logo third brakelight covers and charcoal coating their wheels and putting the Birds on the wheels on their steering wheels... Ah well, it's nice to be copied after I guess. ;)
Hey!!! I resmble that......hahaha......I just answered a demand my friend......and I didnt know you had dont it, I knew that Kevin had though......
--Craig

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Heh, that's alright.. but guess who showed Kevin how to do it? ;)

Wait.. you were there for that modfest.. Kevin was doing the third brakelight as you were pulling a 3 piece 1/2 accumulator spring out of my car. :D

·
Registered
286 Posts
ShadowDragon said:
You shouldn't be complaining... you are obviously setting a trend if people are doing that after you. And you don't have to worry about that from me becuase i think the tbird on the steering wheel looks like cr*p. No offense. Hey, you like it, so thats all that matters. And everyone is going to try something someone else starts. And I am sure you haven't ever done anything someone else has.

anyways...

I like the v6 interlockimg badges on that ebay page a lot better then the v8 interlocking badges becuase they are shorter and fatter. I wish there was some of the v8's like that.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
I'm not complaining, that's why the wink smiley was included.

·
Banned
1,064 Posts
ShadowDragon said:
Heh, that's alright.. but guess who showed Kevin how to do it? ;)

Wait.. you were there for that modfest.. Kevin was doing the third brakelight as you were pulling a 3 piece 1/2 accumulator spring out of my car. :D
Ahhh.....yes I remember that day well.....it was Andy who pulled it out....but I still laughed like a little girl when I saw it.....hahahaha
--Craig

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Ah I thought you got that accumulator out that's what I get for going inside to take care of business while the car is under the knife eh?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Deus003 said:

Ahhh.....yes I remember that day well.....it was Andy who pulled it out....but I still laughed like a little girl when I saw it.....hahahaha
--Craig
Ahh yes, you laughing like a little girl was quite a site :uppoint: :uppoint: :uppoint:

Now I remember it, something about me doing all the painting there, stupid 3764523842138 coats of niteshades, next time use gloss black!

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
He used niteshades for that?

I thought I brought a can of flat black for him.

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
has anyone seen that 4.6 emblem thats the same script as the fox body 5.0 emblem... i think its butt ugly, and i cant figure out what car it would look good on unless it was a fox body.... its pretty cool that they make one tho....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts