TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found these on craigslist for a steal of only 200 dollars. Chrome, and have 20,000 miles on the tires.

Now I've read they are 60mm offset and our birds/cats have a 39mm offset.

whats wrong with it having a 60mm offset, will it rub in front? will it look goofy? is there any wheel spacers that can make up most of this and won't hurt handling to bad?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I haven't bought these, I figured I would ask first.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
What sized spacers would i need? and would i have to get longer wheel studs to fit the spacers and put the wheel on? i seen a mn12 with 2002-2005 Thunderbird rims, but i don't know the member. It would be best to ask them. Other than that what are the negatives of spacers? I'm guessing more strain on suspension if to large of spacers are needed? how much would 8 or 10mm spacers help with offset?

·
Registered
623 Posts
here are a few pics of them on a 97 bird. Looks good from the side but as you can see in the second pic is sits well inside the fender.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Were they running any spacers? Because used a. Offset calculator and it says inner clearance is 34mm less and outer position is retracted 8mm so a 10mm spacer would actually help on the outer position correct? Any precautions on universal spacers that are the correct lug number and bolt pattern? Will I have to get longer studs, 10 mm is .4 of an inch, would I have any problems with keeping the rims on?

Obviously the picture isn't accurate, but ill contact the seller, but will these work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350359349823&viewitem=#vi-content

·
Super Moderator
12,241 Posts
Don't waste your money on these. Save what you can for the mod list in your sig. and a Jmod.

Rims and tires should be really low on your mod list right now.

·
Administrator
748 Posts
SuperThunderbirdLX: Do me a favor and cut your sig down to 10 lines - spaces count as lines too.
Thank you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts