TCCoA Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 4.6 engine with an aluminum block. The engine has approximately 60k miles runs with no issue. It was installed in a Thunderbird that ran and drove perfectly before I parted it out. I had planned to install this in my car with a supercharger but got a good deal on another engine.

This engine started as a 2003 Explorer / Mountaineer engine that has had the front cover swapped to give the correct belt routing for Mustang, Thunderbird, Cougar, Crown Vic, and Grand Marquis. It has had Comp Cams valve springs installed. The front cover, plenum, and thermostat housing have been powder coated red. It is setup to run in a Thunderbird/Cougar with a nice, rust free oil pan and exhaust manifolds that have had the ridge removed from inside the collector to improve flow. The intake is the original all plastic piece with no rear heater core nipple.

Only the 02-05 Explorer and Mountaineer got the aluminum block with the 2V heads. The aluminum block saves around 80 pounds over the iron block normally found in these cars.

It is rare to find these motors with this low of mileage. I am asking $900/obo for the engine as it sits from intake to oil pan. I have an updated intake manifold with aluminum crossover and rear heater core nipple that I will include for $100.

No shipping, local pick up only.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Bryan

Attachments

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Picture 2

Attachments

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Picture 3

Attachments

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump... it would be nice to have this out of the garage.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Ryan, do you have any idea how much would it cost to ship to sanford florida? just above Orlando. 32773
Sorry, you would have to setup any freight type shipping. I don't have a good way of transporting the engine, so you would have to pay for lift gate service from a residential address. I've used Uship in the past to get a transmission from California to Illinois with good results.

Thanks,
Bryan

·
Registered
131 Posts
Where are you located? I may be interested in the engine...

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
131 Posts
Bummer, it would be a long drive...best of luck on the sale, though

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #11