TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
mmm Dodge SRT-10.... drool

I really like the SRT-10. But I have to say I'm very pleased that its not going to blow the lightning out of the water. Ford did start the whole muscle truck thing (or at least was the first to be really succesful at it), and they need to keep on top of it. Looks like they have it under control though :thumbsup:

..... I have mixed feelings about the body lines though

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Same thing for me on the 2005 stang... I dont like the interior. The rest, I like it. I like something rounded for the interior. Actually I like rounded all around. I hate this wave of new cars that are so squared off but oh well. It's like we are going back to the 80s. I guess Ill have to wait 10 years or so until they switch again back to some rounded corner cars.

-Shawn

·
Koolbreeze
841 Posts
I personally think it's Butt Ugly.

But that's just me.

Reminds me of the Rousch(sp?) Mustangs in the front...which I also think are Butt Ugly.

Again, That's just me.
:tongue:

·
Registered
368 Posts
AndyR said:

But that's just me.

Reminds me of the Rousch(sp?) Mustangs in the front...which I also think are Butt Ugly.

Again, That's just me.
Are you crazy? That thing is awesome!

·
Koolbreeze
841 Posts
ward said:

Are you crazy? That thing is awesome!
I must be cuz that thing looks like crap on wheels:leftright

·
Registered
658 Posts
SWEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!
I think that thing looks awesome.
If I only had money......Wait.
I graduate as an engineer in 2004. AHA, I WILL have money. Thats pretty cool to think about considering my poor broke A** college student bank account.

danman

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
AndyR said:

But that's just me.

Again, That's just me.
It does kinda resemble a Roush Mustang....which I also agree look like crap.

I do hope Ford does a little 'retooling' of the exterior. However, if that truck makes it into production ....like the concept is ...with that engine..... screw everything else...I'm getting a Lightning.

Honestly, those are some amazing numbers. The Super Cooler Technology I have not heard of, but after reading the little snippet on it, I would say that it is ingenious use of underhood hardware. I just hope it doesnt cause problems down the road (repair and technical problems and the like).

The more disturbing thing is that the V8 under the hood has a 2000 Cobra R DOHC design. Would this mean that those DOHC heads would become available in the FRPP catalogue? That's a damn scary thought. Looks like Ford has gone for the jugular of all the other 'sport trucks' and ...well...other vehicles in general.

My only hope is that this Lightning (if in production as the concept is) will NOT be excessively priced. that's the key....keeping it cheap...

Ford stock may suck on the stock market, but their cars and trucks are kings of the road....

·
Registered
347 Posts
Again...

It's only a concept vehicle and powerplant.

"It was designed to be quick out of the box, thanks to a new F-150 modular design architecture that's geared to flexibility. That made it possible to show off the new SVT Lightning concept as a possible derivative of the new F-150 immediately at the truck's public unveiling."

More or less, they removed and added a few appearance details to the new F-150. It's not the final cut.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
well i think its an excellent truck. maybe the styling isnt what you all would expect, but remember its not coming out for a while. alot of cars by 2005 are going to look "ugly" by our definition. i remember when i first saw pics of the 99 mustang way back, i thought it was ugly as sin but it fits in on the road just fine. i will agree that the new 2005 mustang though just isnt going to cut it, but the lightning looks nice and is going to be one helluva package.

·
Registered
368 Posts
It is AWESOME!!!!

I hope when that thing comes out that it is identical to that minus the hood scoop things! That is what it should have looked like all along! Man check out the headlights! It's great!
I guess that I need to start selling off my organs so I can get one when they come out!
Anyone need a kidney???:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Koolbreeze
841 Posts
Re: It is AWESOME!!!!

ward said:
I hope when that thing comes out that it is identical to that minus the hood scoop things! That is what it should have looked like all along! Man check out the headlights! It's great!
I guess that I need to start selling off my organs so I can get one when they come out!
Anyone need a kidney???:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
According to the pics of the enging those hood scoops are functional.

I don't need any organs, but if you want, you can have my glasses :D
j/k:cool:

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Re: Re: It is AWESOME!!!!

AndyR said:

I'd rather have an intercooler than ram-air.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Re: Re: It is AWESOME!!!!

AndyR said:

I don't need any organs, but if you want, you can have my glasses :D
j/k:cool:
[/QUOTE

No thanks on the glasses! Anyone wanna buy some eyeballs? I need the money by 2004! :headbang:

·
8,239 Posts
It looks neat, but all the aero vents on the side gotta go, and it will look real good.

Is it only me, or does it have shaved door handles? I don't think ford will be giving everybody who buys one a popper, lol.

Also, thats the sharpest modular motor i've ever seen.

Justin

1 - 20 of 59 Posts