TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i tried searching and nothing really came up. i realized that the new 2005+ mustang wheels have a similar offset to the birds. I was wondering if a 18x10/18x9 staggered wheel set up with a 30/45mm offset would work with the bird?

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
Do a Mustang Hub swap and the 2005+ Mustang wheels work. There is at least 2 MN12's on this board that has them...

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm not entirely sure if the mustang hubs on 05+ are still the same as previous year mustangs, but if they are your just fine. Swap to Stang hubs and you have a whole new world of wheels to choose from:D

·
Registered
641 Posts
They arent. You have to use 99-04 Cobra rear hubs and any sn95 front hubs.
Just to keep questions at bay... Do you use the 99-04 Cobra rear hubs because they are IRS as well?

Sorry but since some people don't like using the search, if the question is asked in the open, it makes THEM look like a dumba$$. Either that or it makes me look like it.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Just to keep questions at bay... Do you use the 99-04 Cobra rear hubs because they are IRS as well?

Sorry but since some people don't like using the search, if the question is asked in the open, it makes THEM look like a dumba$$. Either that or it makes me look like it.
Yes.

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts

Yes, some people don't like using search. Making them look like a dumbass is TCCoA's way of making them like the search button! The hubswap has been gone over a billion times... don't try and be a martyr for them buddy, indeed it demeans yourself, and then you get crap from peope like me. Leave it to the true retards... unless you'd like to join their ranks?:cool:

-Joel

·
Registered
641 Posts
Haha, NEVER! I figured it would save some newbs from making an ass of themselves like me. I don't understand why they didn't do the IRS for all mustangs 99 up? It would have made more sense... I mean if they did it for the MN12 Platform, why not SN95's as well? I guess it's another thing that makes the cobra more 'exclusive' lmao.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Haha, NEVER! I figured it would save some newbs from making an ass of themselves like me. I don't understand why they didn't do the IRS for all mustangs 99 up? It would have made more sense... I mean if they did it for the MN12 Platform, why not SN95's as well? I guess it's another thing that makes the cobra more 'exclusive' lmao.
A lot of Cobra owners dicthed the IRS and put in a solid axle. Why? An IRS is not near as good for drag raicng as a straight axle. You see a lot more Mustangs drag raced then road raced.

·
Registered
641 Posts
A lot of Cobra owners dicthed the IRS and put in a solid axle. Why? An IRS is not near as good for drag raicng as a straight axle. You see a lot more Mustangs drag raced then road raced.
True, but I like seeing one doing laps and hanging with the 1/4 Million dollar roadsters. Makes me proud to be a Ford owner.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
i tried searching and nothing really came up. i realized that the new 2005+ mustang wheels have a similar offset to the birds. I was wondering if a 18x10/18x9 staggered wheel set up with a 30/45mm offset would work with the bird?
I'm running this setup.....well a 36/45mm to be exact but the 30's will work just as good.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
The internal bean-counters at Ford couldn't justify the extra-cost an IRS would've added to the price of a Mustang.

Dennis

·
Registered
641 Posts
They should have made them powerful and handling beasts. Made some with solid axle and some IRS so that you could pick your poison.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts