TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
supposed to have either the Duratec V6 (215hp) or the 4.6L (280hp) and the SVT will have greater than 400hp. Rumors of a 6-speed with paddle shifter (think auto with user controlled upshift and downshift). No word on price, but hopefully it'll be less than $25K.

I like what I see, except for the tailpipe thru the bumper :leftright
<----saving his quarters

·
Registered
329 Posts
Those pics have been flashed around www.stangnet.com and we don't beleive it is the 2005 stang.

First off, Ford is secretive with it's cars. The 99 model never really got shown to the public til 6 months before it's release. EVen those shots had th car clad in camo covering.

But 1.5" years before it's debut, Ford brings a bright red 2005 mustang to a public beach and allows a "hiker" to snap a few pics from 30 feet way without any objection?? I just can't beleive that.

Secondly, where are the back seats?

Who remembers the '92 Mach III Mustang? Shown two years before the '94 stang came out. Some loved it, some hated it. The 94-98 Mustang doesn't look a thing like it but does have a lot of styling cues taken from it.

Anyway, something is shady with the situation this car has debuted in. I don't beleive it is the '05 stang. It does look like some concept sketches though, but i'm just weary on this

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
I like it

I'll watch and see what it is.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I have to agree with Mustang5L5 on this picture, it's just a mock up or something. Seems to soon for a picture. Remember the sketch of the new t-bird (the taurus Jaguar mix) ? Not hardly what they finally decided on. I dunno seems sketchy but it does have a lot of the new ford design look to it.

I hope that isn't it for I think the mustange deserves better. Looks tacky to me. Although once I seem everyone in one I'll come around and want one...

-Tim

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
:zpuke: my god that's an ugly car! It's gonna be nice someday stuffing a 2005 4.6L under my hood with 280hp... Just have to wait until enough are produced, bought, and rolled!

·
Registered
460 Posts
I think it's a mock up, or most likely Photshoped.

Personaly I thinki it's fugly, but I also think the `99+ are ugly.

All I want to know is when will we get a car similar to ours. You know 2 doors, rear wheel drive, 3800+ lbs, bigger than all 4 door imports.

That my friend will be the day I rejoice. :headbang:

·
Registered
180 Posts
its alright, love the front end
of course its probably not the 2005, but it probably will closely resemble it, for better or worse.

heres a nice pic of what might be.

frank

·
Registered
658 Posts
Now that is a good lookin car.

I would buy one of those. I like the curves as opposed to the defined bidy lines.

danman

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
That red car is definately not the '05 Mustang. Looks like maybe a concept they did of a retro '65 Conv't. Its a 2 seater anyway, Mustang won't have only 2 seats.
Ford is supposed to release the car pretty soon, and has already let some media sources look at the car (MM&FF for example.) But of course they could not take any pics, so artists renderings are all we have to go on. So the pic of the blue car might be pretty close to what it will look like.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
The blue one looks great as long as it has a different rear than the red one, yuck. I had seen these pics elsewhere, was going to post them but never got around to it. I don't see the Mustang being produced as a two seater, although since you can't really put anyone in the back seat right now it wouldn't be that much different. Backseat in a mustang still isn't as bad as the optional backseat that could be had in a gen 2 RX7.

·
Registered
366 Posts
actually.. the drawing of the blue one and the red one look very similar if not the same car... if you scroll quickly between them you can see that... pay close attention to the hadlights, the hood scoops which are barely noticable on the red one, but there, and the side of the car.:(

·
Registered
460 Posts
THe red one looks like a BMW to me. The blue one has potintial, but still dosen't do it for me.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Actually it really looks like...

A Mercury Capri from a few years ago. Especially the rear.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Are you talking about the Miata Capri. Why say the Capri from a few years ago, the Capri name was on at least 2, maybe more completely different cars, the Miata, the Mustang. Either way, it doesn't look much like the Fox Mustang Capri and the only Miata comparision is the fact it only has two seats.

The thing soop posted looks like a cross between the first two pictures and the current SN 95.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
OK Let's get picky. The XR2.

The way the trunk lid rolls and the tail lights tuck under it.

Miata Capri? Did Mazda make those years of cars?

And actually it doesn't look like it as much as I thought. I went and looked.
HA.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts