TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, there is now a confirmed date and location for the 2007 SC Shootout.

It will be in the same spot as last year, KilKare Dragway in Xenia, Ohio (just south of Dayton). They are very pleased to be working with our group again this year.

The date is September 28 - 30. It will be similar to last year, with a dyno shootout one day, and the drag racing the next. Full details will be on a dedicated website shortly.

Mark your calendars, start putting aside some money, do whatever it takes to be there. We had the best event ever last year, and I'm sure that this year can be even better. If Dave Sabados and John Ludorf can make it all the way from Alberta, surely some more of you guys can make the drive to attend. Even if you don't want to race, come on down to witness the best MN12 event anywhere.

FOR THE V8 GUYS

The Shootout committee is considering how best to accommodate more of the V8 MN12 cars, whether it be additional classes, or modified rules to fit them in with the SCs. That will be announced when they come to a decision.

cheers
Ed N.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I would consider going, but my car probably won't be ready in time.:( Maybe next year, I'd like to get to know my fellow Thunderbird people. But we'll see how things go this summer.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
For all you people thinking about making the trip you should. And for those that wish they had made it to last years event 9one of the best so far), here's your chance! Its a blast, the surrounding area lends itself to be very convienient, with the dyno location, tranck and hotels, being all withing 5 miles of eachother. Dont miss it this year.

maybe you can watch Ed. win the big prize again this year....;)

·
Registered
153 Posts
I had planned on attending last year but I ended up having to move my gf to Naples, FL. I will be there this year though!!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
I was there with my slow-ass LX, and had a great time. Made a ton of runs, had a great time at the car show. Met some great people. If you arent doing anything else this summer, try and attend this event. Dave Dalke and his wife and the rest of the commitee did a fabulous job.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Same dates as NMRA Final at Bowling Green again :(

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Well, thats the 1st mistake I have made this year.... Now that I think about it, must of been the wife that told me it was the same week end. :)

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I will try my hardest to make it down there. Aint too far from me If I make it down Jurgen is going with me!!!!!

Now I got a ? on there site under schedule the September 29 say's -NHRA Day Racing-Open at 10AM Adults $10 Kids 12-15 $5 11 and Under Free

What's the schedule look like for the shootout? Friday I hear is dyno and something else is Saturday Racing all day and Sunday final's or sometihng like that?

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I believe it will be Friday afternoon / evening check-in, Saturday dyno and show-n-shine, and Sunday for the racing. Awards banquet on Sunday evening.

cheers
Ed N.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I will be there. I would like to see a N/A v8 class. No boost no bottle all motor.

Alan
That would be a cool idea, but we must remember that this for the S/C's, and we have been invited to participate. Timing is all important on the day of racing. Withh too many classes, it could get way to confusing and busy. I will take and be happy with whatever the commitee allows. With my car, its all about bracket, and getting in as many runs as I can. I do hope to have the bottle on by that weekend, though.

·
Boost Happy
1,971 Posts
That would be a cool idea, but we must remember that this for the S/C's, and we have been invited to participate. Timing is all important on the day of racing. Withh too many classes, it could get way to confusing and busy. I will take and be happy with whatever the commitee allows. With my car, its all about bracket, and getting in as many runs as I can. I do hope to have the bottle on by that weekend, though.
Yea thats right we are just invited SC guys dont really like us much around here ,I have not been to a sc shoot out hopefully thouse guys are different.

Jurgen

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
If I make it down which I will more then likely I will head down Saturday Morning hope to find a cheap room somewhere down there then head back after award's and what not Sunday That would work great for me I'd miss no time from work lol

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yea thats right we are just invited SC guys dont really like us much around here ,I have not been to a sc shoot out hopefully thouse guys are different.

Jurgen
I dont know what problems you've had with the S/C guys in the past, and frankly, I dont care. There are jackasses wherever you look. I have had close dealings with a great group of guys since I joined the community. Thru my visits to Carlisle, numerous car shows, last years Shootout, in no way was I made to feel outside. I take all the ribbing about my slow ass LX with a grain of salt. Damn, it is slow!!!!!
But its what I have and I take care of it. If your gonna come to the Shootout with the attitude that your gonna get dumped on, then you probably will no matter how you are treated. The Shooutout was all about the S/C and the s/c Cougars, but man, there were some badass LX's there. Mike Siska's(spelling) beautiful car made my eyes water. Maybe you need to branch out a bit.
Thats my rant for the day.
Oh, and BTW, if your gonna drive an LX around a S/C community, you need some big balls.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts