TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of cars had super great times. The event had it's second 9 second pass in it's history. I upped my personal best on the dyno and the track. My dyno #'s were 483 rwhp & 485 rwtq, my track #'s were 11.336 @ 124.43 mph. Those were accomplished with an Auto '94 Supercoupe with a MPx powered 3.8 V-6 and a 100 shot of nitrous.

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
Awesome man, do you have any videos or pictures from the event?

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Yep, it was awesome!

Lots of fast SC's and V8's there.

Dyno numbers were impressive for some. I think the most fun was watching Chris Lazzo go 9.96 with that 331 Procharged car and IRS. It went a couple 10.0's as well.

Kevin Leitem had a couple good runs as usual with him but lost a couple belts too.

Chris Keegan's car with the auto and 550+ RWHP ran a 10.9 over the weekend as well.

Pro Street was sweet as Blown38 (Vining) marched through along with (Niebert) to meet heads up in the finals. It was a battle all day for ET bragging rites there. Chris ended up taking the Class and the ET battle at 11.09.

The turbo cars ruled on the dyno with one making nearly 700 WHP but didn't do well on the track.

RobertP brought out his newly built Vortech car and made nearly 500RWHP. He still has some tuning, part issues but the car did manage a 11.5 @ 122 MPH I believe.

With DA's in the 500 range the only thing not good was the headwind everyone was dealing with. But still excellent times and some new bests by all.

Dave and Connie as always did an excellent job setting up the event as did Brian Oatway and wife on the meal and chili dinner in the evening.

Lots of great and quick cars there.

Congrats to Chris (Blown38), JP (Driller) and Chad (Chadder1313) from the MAMN12 for winning their perspective classes. A big congrats also to Keith (Nickelman60) for winning the "M90" Dyno Award (483 WHP).

A special congrats to Jennifer for her first ever 100 MPH pass in her SVO TBird, and best ET 13.47 @ 101.7. Great job young lady.

A great time had by all. Look forward to it again next year. Now, we need to have more V8 participation.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I'm gonna order some fuel items redo the entire fuel system except the lines, and the intake

Robert

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I'm going back to the track this thursday. Got my skinny's up front and made a few adjustments to the shift points in the transmission.

Looking for that 10.50 pass.

But another 10.9/10.8 will do.

550 RWHP and 450 RWTQ through a DirtyDog trans.

10.95 ET @ 121.5 MPH

·
Super Moderator
12,536 Posts
That's great ... but you need to post a MUCH LAGER copy of your avatar so I can get a better look at your car. :D

·
2,643 Posts
I'm gonna order some fuel items redo the entire fuel system except the lines, and the intake

Robert
I believe that would be a good idea Robert. I also think something has to be done to get those 60's down. If that thing would come off the line it would run some big numbers.

It just didn't seem to be launching well from my viewpoint. Once you get that stuff down you'll probably need a set of 28" slicks.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
That's great ... but you need to post a MUCH LAGER copy of your avatar so I can get a better look at your car. :D
haha
yea yea. everyone says that

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
It was a great time as always! I just wish I could have stayed for eliminations. I had to leave early to get back to school in St. Louis for an exam the next day.

My brother has his white 89 XR7 there (as if there weren't enough of them) and we were both hoping it would break into the 13s. Unfortunately, he is pretty sure he popped the headgaskets before he reached that goal. After that, he ran my 98 GT a few times so his day wasn't completely shot. He ended up getting his first ever 13 second pass, 13.89 @ 100.81mph. A new best for him and my car; it made us both pretty happy. It still has quite a bit left in it too.

It was pretty cool seeing the numbers the cars were putting down on the dyno and at the track. The hp numbers get higher and higher every year and the drag times keep getting faster.

I would also like to thank the Dalkes and those who helped them to put on another great Shootout!

-Rob

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Steve I agree it's not launching, it leaves then the boost hits almost like I've got a delay built in, and that's not gonna cut it, I've talked to Alan about it dirtydog, his says let the clutches break in and take some drag off bing it's a triple disk, I think I just need the next step but not sure I can swing it unless I can sell this one, with all the fuel upgrades

Robert

·
2,643 Posts
Yeah, I agree. It needs to have enough converter to get it up in the RPM range coming off so it can build boost much sooner. At minimum it should be in the mid-high 1.5-1.6 range. Then it can do its thing. It amazes me its running what it is with those 60's.

Watching it on the dyno I agree the fuel system likely needs upgraded cause it doesn't appear to be keeping up and the intake certainly is a bottleneck and limiting it in the upper RPMs for sure judging from the curve.

I'm not sure about the exhaust, you got kooks on it or standard manifolds? That could be partly choking it too.

You've got a few bugs to get out of it but once you do I see mid to low 10's with it! Maybe even 600WHP with an automatic!!!

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I'm been working on the fuel system trickflow rails should be in today, but I gotta get a regulator which I'm working on, then all the fittings and a extra fuel pump, all my job money at home will be spent not to mention the main peice the track heat intake manifold

Robert

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I'm been working on the fuel system trickflow rails should be in today, but I gotta get a regulator which I'm working on, then all the fittings and a extra fuel pump, all my job money at home will be spent not to mention the main peice the track heat intake manifold

Robert

Get some kooks too!

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
well i got the intake off gotta ship it monday and got the new one the other day and most of the fuel stuff, waiting on all the an fittings and extra fuel pump

Robert

·
2,643 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts