1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
189 Posts
Considering you can buy a brand new fully warrantied crate Coyote for $5800-$5900 these well used engines just out of warranty are not too hot IMO at $4500-$5000 they pop up for.

If someone says they babied a tuned 2011 GT, you know that's a joke ;)

·
Super Moderator
11,928 Posts
Moved to Misc.

Thanks for the link, just so ya know for future reference ...

The market place rules state (roughly translated) "If it ain't yours to sell it goes in the Misc. Forum."

This includes sale items found on other forums, Craigslist and Ebay "finds", etc.

It's also a common ploy among newbies who are trying to circumvent the TCCoA forum requirements of 30 days registered and 50 posts to post something as a "Find" that is actually their item that they're trying to sell. I realize that isn't the case here but if you guys happen to see or suspect something like this let the mods know.

Thanks.

-Ron

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Q: Purely academically speaking (since I have no interest in buying a $5K engine), what do you guys think would be a fair price to pay for a used engine that retails for $5.8K new?

I remember seeing a much lower mileage (35 or 125mi) 3.7L V6 engine w/ harness and ECU for sale for $3K and change recently.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
High priced things like that, that end up needing to get sold usually do at far below what they sell for new. Very few would be willing to pay anything near retail since they might as well buy a brand spanking new engine for just a little bit more.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
So where do you get one for $5,800? Ford wants $6,250, http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com/5_0L_412HP_2011_MUSTANG_CRATE_ENGINE_p/m-6007-m50.htm

A Boss 302 will set you back $10,600

Not that I want one, just curious.

When I got my Ford PI crate motor I found out no intake, injectors, throttle body, starter, etc. I passed on a new Bulitt take our for the same price that had everything including the alternator. I was going for the warranty, but got a surprise once the crate was opened.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
So where do you get one for $5,800? Ford wants $6,250, http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com/5_0L_412HP_2011_MUSTANG_CRATE_ENGINE_p/m-6007-m50.htm

A Boss 302 will set you back $10,600

Not that I want one, just curious.

When I got my Ford PI crate motor I found out no intake, injectors, throttle body, starter, etc. I passed on a new Bulitt take our for the same price that had everything including the alternator. I was going for the warranty, but got a surprise once the crate was opened.
Thats not "Ford" its a parts distributor company who gets a % of the sale.

And $800 free shipping included, $6250 - $800 = $5450 .. not including sales tax if you are local enough to pick it up could run up to $400+. Puts that right around the same price.

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Feel free to post pics of the install/progress. :)
Thanks, I will--but, I won't get started on it for another week or two; right now, I'm finishing up the SuperShaker Saleen Shaker scoop installation on my 06 Mustang GT with a Saleen System VI blower. I hope to have it completed this week, and then I'll pull the 70 into my garage and start pulling the engine.

Once the engine is out, I have to install the AJE Tubular K-member suspension kit and cut back the shock towers, so the engine will fit; after that, it should pretty much be a bolt-in with a little fabrication for A/C hoses and power steering hoses.

If you want to see other Coyote swaps into classic Mustangs, there are a few threads around from different forums--two of them at ModularFords . . . and there are also threads about swapping the engine into a Fox-body as well.

I don't think anybody has done a Coyote into a T-Bird or Lincoln Mark VIII yet, though . . . might be an interesting swap . . .

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I really liked the Coyote in this 71 Mach 1. Lots of room. One beautiful car.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have to wonder if the Coyote 5.0L would fit in a Mark VIII. :rolleyes:
I'm pretty sure it would . . . I think it's supposed to be a little more compact than the 4.6L DOHC engine that comes in these . . . I haven't measured them myself, that's just the word around the net . . .

·
̇
3,702 Posts
Modular Engine Dimensions

Just to give you an idea of SIZE..

Here's the dimensions of 3 Modular Engines..

In case anyone wants to stuff this "Coyote" in their Thunderbird/Cougar or Mark VIII.. :D

5.0L "Coyote"
26" Length
27" Height
28" Wide

4.6L DOHC
28" Length
29-7/8" Height
30" Wide

4.6L SOHC
28" Length
26" Height
25-5/8" Wide

Modular Engine Comparison.jpg

Rayo...

·
̇
3,702 Posts
These numbers are a little off, especially for the 4.6 DOHC. The Coyote is smaller, but not by that much. It does fit though ;)

I went back and checked..You were right..I edited my original post to reflect the correct "Dimensions"..

All of these Engine Dimensions and more can be found in the Ford Racing catalog..

:thumbsup:

Rayo..

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Thanks, I will--but, I won't get started on it for another week or two; right now, I'm finishing up the SuperShaker Saleen Shaker scoop installation on my 06 Mustang GT with a Saleen System VI blower. I hope to have it completed this week, and then I'll pull the 70 into my garage and start pulling the engine.

Once the engine is out, I have to install the AJE Tubular K-member suspension kit and cut back the shock towers, so the engine will fit; after that, it should pretty much be a bolt-in with a little fabrication for A/C hoses and power steering hoses.

If you want to see other Coyote swaps into classic Mustangs, there are a few threads around from different forums--two of them at ModularFords . . . and there are also threads about swapping the engine into a Fox-body as well.

I don't think anybody has done a Coyote into a T-Bird or Lincoln Mark VIII yet, though . . . might be an interesting swap . . .
don't worry man, we'll wait. People have been waiting years for me to finish my car, lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts