TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay.....many of you know I drive HPDE's with my Super Coupes. I have always been the ONLY Thunderbird there to defend the MN-12 Honor.

Chris mentioned driving one of his SHO's.......so I challenge everyone to take part in a High Performnace Driving Event.

Naturally first timers will drive in the Beginners Group. You WILL need a helmet.

I'll be back at Gingerman Raceway, in South Haven, Michigan as well as the Autobahn C.C. in Joliet.

I was a Drag Racer......now Road Course driving is my thing.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I would love to do one but we will see if and when I get my car back together this year.

-Miller

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hpde

........drive the "Vicki" Brian........lol

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I plan is to drive at Gingerman Memorial Day weekend. MAYBE.....at the Autobahn before that as a test and tune for the 94'.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I would love to do one but we will see if and when I get my car back together this year.

-Miller
Brian, let me know if you need any help. Glad to give you a hand :cool:

........drive the "Vicki" Brian........lol
I'd like to see that too Ron :D If I can, I'd like to go watch. I won't have my Bird done :(

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

If I am able to drive at the Autobahn in Joliet before the May event at Gingerman, I'll let the word out. I'll be turning the 94' SC loose this year. I'd like to drive Autobahn and see how the 94' reacts. I will be able to better judge changes before Gingerman.
Gingerman is more of a challenge than Autobahn.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Gingerman posted the 2013 schedule!............Memorial Day Weekend is my first HPDE there. Maybe two more track days there later in the year. Still not sure what dates are open at the Autobahn.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
I'm planning on running Autobahn and possibly Road America. I have yet to run Gingerman but would like to.

Ron please send me the club registrations sites for the groups you work with.

I go out with the MVPtracktime.com club and have once or twice gone out with NWShelby.com

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sc

Hi Chris.....in May I'll be driving a HPDE through Autointerests.com at Gingerman.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hpde

Okay.....I registered for Saturday, May the 25th at an HPDE at Gingerman Raceway in South Haven Michigan.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sc

I may also go to the Autobahn for a full course event.

·
Registered
633 Posts
make sure you get pics and video.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sc

The first video has been on youtube.com for years now.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
On May 26th, you can run COUNTER CLOCKWISE! See my friend's club website, https://autointerests.com/

Gingerman is a lot of fun! I did it a long time ago in my Sable and had a great time despite my slow car.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sc

I'm driving Saturday the 25th of May. I'll arrive Friday after work, spend the night then a short drive to the track. I'm leaving Sunday morning. Sunday is my Daughter's Birthday.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
I just signed up for the whole weekend, they knock $65 off the registration b/4 March 25th IIRC. $265 for two days on a good track is crazy affordable.

I'll be there with a few others from the SHOForum.

Good times!:D

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Sc

The costs to drive at Gingerman are cheaper than most tracks. It's not as upscale as the Autobahn....but much more friendly and relaxed. It's more of a challenge to drive than the autobahn too.

Now if we can get more Thunderbirds there.............

1 - 20 of 23 Posts