TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Motor Trend Review, Dyno Tests & Track Battle - Enjoy!

"There’s a muscle-car war brewing in Detroit these days. Right as the handling-champion Z/28 goes out of production, Ford delivers a Shelby-badged suckerpunch with a flat-plane-crank V8, MR dampers, and carbon fiber wheels. Head 2 Head host Jason Cammisa takes the two through a series of challenges: first, some canyon carving to see which car is better on the road. Then, a dyno shootout: can the GT350R’s 5.2-liter Voodoo make more power than the venerable 7.0-liter LS7? And then, it’s onto Chuckwalla Valley Raceway where Jason and race car driver Randy Pobst find out not only which one is faster around the track, but which car handles best. No muscle-car comparison test would be complete without a drag race, of course, so Cammisa lines up the cars with the help of his cousin Bob from West Virginia. This episode of Head 2 Head, presented by Tire Rack, is the one-stop shop for everything you need to know about the latest Detroit muscle-car rivalry."

·
Super Moderator
12,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL

I figured you - if anyone - would notice just what the replacement for displacement is. :tongue:

·
Registered
482 Posts
$70,000 should get you into Corvette territory or am I getting out of date?

·
Super Moderator
12,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
That's about right, according to cars.com the price range for a 2016 Vette is between $55,400 and $83,400 depending on model and trim level.

And for 70K I'd rather have the upper mid-level Z51 or a low end Z06 Coupe Vette.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
That's about right, according to cars.com the price range for a 2016 Vette is between $55,400 and $83,400 depending on model and trim level.

And for 70K I'd rather have the upper mid-level Z51 or a low end Z06 Coupe Vette.
For that price range, id say all of these cars are equally awesome.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
For 70 grand you could have a low mileage 90s Viper, and a C5 or C6 Vette...probably a termi or Mach as well all at the same time

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
The replacement for Displacement is and always will be Technology. (SC v. 5.0/4.6)

So the 350 is $10k cheaper as tested and can be got for ~$50k, hands down the better car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts