TCCoA Forums banner

Q: What is the worst-case scenario event you think will happen in 2020?

• 1. Contested election (meaning Trump or Biden don't concede the election by Nov 10th)

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • 2. Trump disputes the validity of the election and causes civil unrest

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • 3. The pandemic starts overwhelming our medical system

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • 4. The stock market crashes (defined at S&P dropping below the March 2020 dip)

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • 5. Alien Invasion

• 6. We go to war with China/Iran/etc (defined as declaration of war or troop invasion)

• 7. We get invaded

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8. Civil war in the US (defined as some organized body attacking the govt)

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • 9. Militia on Militia violence (active shooting between organized non-govt combatants)

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • 10. Big Rock hits Earth (Tunguska event - 100meters - or bigger)

• 11. The Rapture (mass group of people disappear unrelated to aliens)

• 12. Messiah declaration gets attention of >1% of population (Jesus or other, not aliens)

• 13. Biden disputes the validity of the election and causes civil unrest

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • 14. Coronavirus evolves like the flu -- significantly setting back vaccination development efforts

• Another REGIONAL natural disaster (hurricane, earthquake, tornado swarm, etc)

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As crazy as 2020 has gotten, I wanna here what you folks think might be the worst case scenario/craziness we see in the US.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
1, 2, and 9 are my votes.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll add whatever other ideas you guys have.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
This is a very good poll Gunn.

Did you think of this all by yourself ??

I only wish the last two would be come true.

·
Super Moderator
5,227 Posts
You left out "Biden disputes the validity of the election and causes civil unrest".

But I'd go with 1,4,8,and 9.

RwP

1, 4, 8 and 9 are my guesses, all directly intertwined.

Rapture would be great. Either I’m called into the kingdom, or more likely I’m left here with way less people. Win win 😁
Actually, "Many are called, but few are chosen". There won't be as many taken as you may think. But the ones taken will really surprise you ...

RwP

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
I would love to see that a lot of those goodie two shoe church going holier than thou folks turned out to have a few skeletons in their closets. Sweet old lady my ass. 😆

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would love to see that a lot of those goodie two shoe church going holier than thou folks turned out to have a few skeletons in their closets. Sweet old lady my ass. 😆

I'm sure Jerry hanging out on his boat with his pants unbuttoned next to a woman who is not his wife was because of indigestion. And that highball glass is totally cocacola.

·
Super Moderator
7,733 Posts
I don’t think any election is going to be contested, at least not for long. And while I have no doubt that if he loses, Trump will claim foul play, I think he will piss and moan about it on Twitter, and be all the more insufferable until January 20th, but that’s about all that would come of it. I don’t think the stock market will plummet according to the numbers, but that’s only cause the value of the dollar will likely drop just as fast if not faster than the value of the stocks, so on paper it will actually seem to go up, in spite of the actual value dropping. A declared war with China or Iran would probably be preferable to the perpetual undeclared wars we have fought in the Middle East for the last 30 years, so that wouldn’t be the worst thing that could happen, but I don’t see that as likely. #9 is already happening in several major cities. And if that isn’t brought under control soon, the only thing that could stop it from becoming #8 would be #10!

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,819 Posts
I don’t think any election is going to be contested, at least not for long. And while I have no doubt that if he loses, Trump will claim foul play, I think he will piss and moan about it on Twitter, and be all the more insufferable until January 20th, but that’s about all that would come of it. I don’t think the stock market will plummet according to the numbers, but that’s only cause the value of the dollar will likely drop just as fast if not faster than the value of the stocks, so on paper it will actually seem to go up, in spite of the actual value dropping. A declared war with China or Iran would probably be preferable to the perpetual undeclared wars we have fought in the Middle East for the last 30 years, so that wouldn’t be the worst thing that could happen, but I don’t see that as likely. #9 is already happening in several major cities. And if that isn’t brought under control soon, the only thing that could stop it from becoming #8 would be #10!
I think if it’s close there’s a strong possibility that it will be contested regardless of outcome(which is why I didn’t select 2 as a specific of who), especially if it’s another popular/electoral contradiction, and that will just will feed #9, even if Trump or Biden do step down after blustering about it for a bit. I never ever wish this but I hope it’s a brutally cold winter that keeps people inside.

·
Super Moderator
12,873 Posts
I'm in for #2 and #9.

#3 is a real possibility and 2, 3 and 9 will lead to #4.

Trump is going to lose and it's not going to be close. I honestly believe that. There are a lot of people out there who A. Regret their vote in 2016. and B. Are very happy to have some other choice than Hillary v. tRump. Having said that, I will say that I also believe he and his minions will not leave office willingly or peacefully. It's going to be a very ugly transition of power the likes of which our poor country has never seen before.

Most people, other than mouth breathers and 1%ers are fed up with his sh!t. If you don't believe that, look no further than VoteVets, the Lincoln Project or Republican Voters against tRump.

You don't see that on the Democrat side. There is no equivalent Democrat voters against Biden.

Edit: Great thread BTW.

Reactions: CDsDontBurn

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I think the worst case scenario for a contested election is if the mail in ballots skew heavily democrat and the majority of in person voters swing republican (especially if they dont feel the pandemic will touch them).

Since the start of mail in ballot processing varies by county or state, If exit polls skew heavily republican, I can see trump trying shenanigans like stopping the vote count.

Unless it's a dramatic landslide I don't believe we will know the outcome of the election for several days. Unfortunately i think there are too many racists and pro life/gun single issue voters to make this a landslide.

I don't care for who you vote for but please make sure your vote is counted. Vote early or walk your ballot to the polling place especially if your state doesn't have a vote by mail receipt confirmation system like California.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,819 Posts
That scenario is my concern as well
I'm in for #2 and #9.

#3 is a real possibility and 2, 3 and 9 will lead to #4.

Trump is going to lose and it's not going to be close. I honestly believe that. There are a lot of people out there who A. Regret their vote in 2016. and B. Are very happy to have some other choice than Hillary v. tRump. Having said that, I will say that I also believe he and his minions will not leave office willingly or peacefully. It's going to be a very ugly transition of power the likes of which our poor country has never seen before.

Most people, other than mouth breathers and 1%ers are fed up with his sh!t. If you don't believe that, look no further than VoteVets, the Lincoln Project or Republican Voters against tRump.

You don't see that on the Democrat side. There is no equivalent Democrat voters against Biden.

I agree that I think he’ll probably lose, and hope for the sake of civility it’s a landslide, but I kind of suspect what Gunn said is in the cards as well. I know quite a few people who voted Trump in ‘16 for real reasons and protest vote reasons who vocally won’t be again, just like you said, but it really didn’t matter in metropolitan Illinois anyway. I like everyone else thought ‘16 would be a landslide win for Hillary, but I happened to be passing through states like Iowa when I drove to Denver that October when my Grandpa died and realized there was a lot more support than I expected, and my extended family in Wisconsin haven’t really turned as far as I can tell(they’ve always been staunch Republican), they think he’s a buffoon but still better than the alternative. It’s always “Come on, MY guy actually turned out be pretty moderate if you look at their accomplishments... But YOUR guy stands against every single thing I live for, and then some, and WILL implement all of the policies they’re campaigning on!”

The mail in ballot thing I legitimately think will be a shitshow if that scenario happens, and unfortunately the inexplicable party line partisanship regarding coronavirus precautions will probably skew results between mediums. As we speak the conspiracy outlets have been spinning that yarn.

·
Super Moderator
5,227 Posts

Umm ...

Eight minutes of democrats claiming to vote for Trump.

Most of the black democrats (not the ones in politics directly, but the voters!) that I've met are wearing "I've fled the plantation!" stickers, plan to vote for Trump.

Met a Latino the other day wearing a Gay Pride colored pair of shorts and a "Trump Pence 2020" shirt ...

Make of all that what you will, but as long as the Democratic controlled cities are in riots and flames, I think Trump's got a much better chance to win. My take on it, you may not agree.

(I don't like EITHER of them. Give me a decent candidate, not either a 70 something male suffering from dementia that can't keep his hands off of women and has a coke snorting son that he has to bribe other folks to hire ... or the other candidate, Donald Trump.)

RwP

Reactions: Lenise

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
(I don't like EITHER of them. Give me a decent candidate, not either a 70 something male suffering from dementia that can't keep his hands off of women and has a coke snorting son that he has to bribe other folks to hire ... or the other candidate, Donald Trump.)

RwP
So with both of these candidates being pretty decrepit, there's a decent chance that the VP will take over during the next term of whomever takes office. McCain actually lost my vote when he picked someone wholly unqualified.
Ralph - who do you dislike more? Pence or Harris?

Pence worries me more than Harris. I think neither are criminals compared to Trump and the shennanigans he's pulled to enrich himself BUT the fact that he still sticks around and lets these people do these things is a tragedy (ex: exploiting the govt to your own benefit).

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Added another doomsday item: "Coronavirus evolves like the flu -- significantly setting back vaccination development efforts"

As far as militia on militia battles go, we have a few different incidents but no organized attacks along racial or political likes like you see even at the level of gang wars OR what we saw in Ireland during the troubles. We aren't there yet.

·
Super Moderator
5,227 Posts
So with both of these candidates being pretty decrepit, there's a decent chance that the VP will take over during the next term of whomever takes office. McCain actually lost my vote when he picked someone wholly unqualified.
Ralph - who do you dislike more? Pence or Harris?

Pence worries me more than Harris. I think neither are criminals compared to Trump and the shennanigans he's pulled to enrich himself BUT the fact that he still sticks around and lets these people do these things is a tragedy (ex: exploiting the govt to your own benefit).
I'm more worried about Harris because Pence at least seems to act consistent with his stated values; Harris does not seem to be consistent enough to trust.

Grandparents used to be slave owners; she used to be a police officer; she's been shouting about "reparations" (what, George Takei should pay repartations for what the Japanese did to American soldiers during the war? Makes as much sense ...) and "Defund the police!"

NEITHER one seems to be willing to make the next step on either side, alas.

But eh. "I am a stranger in a strange land".

RwP

·
Super Moderator
5,227 Posts
Added another doomsday item: "Coronavirus evolves like the flu -- significantly setting back vaccination development efforts"

As far as militia on militia battles go, we have a few different incidents but no organized attacks along racial or political likes like you see even at the level of gang wars OR what we saw in Ireland during the troubles. We aren't there yet.
Got news for you.
If you've been following the symptom sets, Coronavirus 2019 (CoVID-19, Novel Coronavirus, "Da 'Ronas", whatever you call it) has so many different sets, I'm betting it's more than one strain ALREADY.

RwP

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got news for you.
If you've been following the symptom sets, Coronavirus 2019 (CoVID-19, Novel Coronavirus, "Da 'Ronas", whatever you call it) has so many different sets, I'm betting it's more than one strain ALREADY.

RwP
Wanna catch em all (like pokemon)?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts