TCCoA Forums banner

Q: What is the worst-case scenario event you think will happen in 2020?

• 1. Contested election (meaning Trump or Biden don't concede the election by Nov 10th)

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • 2. Trump disputes the validity of the election and causes civil unrest

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • 3. The pandemic starts overwhelming our medical system

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 4. The stock market crashes (defined at S&P dropping below the March 2020 dip)

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • 5. Alien Invasion

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 6. We go to war with China/Iran/etc (defined as declaration of war or troop invasion)

• 7. We get invaded

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8. Civil war in the US (defined as some organized body attacking the govt)

• 9. Militia on Militia violence (active shooting between organized non-govt combatants)

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 10. Big Rock hits Earth (Tunguska event - 100meters - or bigger)

• 11. The Rapture (mass group of people disappear unrelated to aliens)

• 12. Messiah declaration gets attention of >1% of population (Jesus or other, not aliens)

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 13. Biden disputes the validity of the election and causes civil unrest

• 14. Coronavirus evolves like the flu -- significantly setting back vaccination development efforts

• Another REGIONAL natural disaster (hurricane, earthquake, tornado swarm, etc)

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • 16. One of the current presidential candidates steps down/dies before the election

• 17. Post Nov, our President elect dies.

• 18. Beheadings (of people not statues) by domestic terrorists (any flavor).

• 19. Terrorist attack before Jan 20th

• 20. Another country taking advantage of US being distracted with power xfer (ex: Crimean invasion)

441 - 454 of 454 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Question:

If a household has a US citizen (eligible voter) and a US green card holder (not eligible to vote), but the green card holder fills out and sends the ballot on behalf of the US citizen with the citizen providing no further input other than required signature(s) for mailing / dropping off the ballot, would you guys consider that voter fraud?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
A: No. As long as it was done with permission from the voter which is given by the signature. If the voter was careless, signed the ballot and left it laying around incomplete that's just being stupid. It's unethical and illegal for the green card holder to fill out and return the ballot without explicit instructions/permission by the rightful holder of the ballot.

But WTF? There are literally thousands of potential scenarios like this, I've heard many supposed cases of people receiving ballots for dead relatives or relatives that haven't lived at that address for years. Regardless of how the ballot was obtained, filling out and submitting a ballot that isn't yours without permission is the true voter fraud. Not the fact that the ballot was somehow inadvertently sent.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #442
IMO If the voter gave their consent to their filling out, which they presumably did if they signed it, no, it’s still technically their vote. I mean if your wife filled out your ballet for you because you didn’t feel like it, and you signed the form, do you think that’s fraud that she in effect got two votes?
I'm with you on the consent part BUT in CDB's hypothetical situation, the only input the citizen had on the voting process was providing signatures where appropriate.

In CA, most of the electoral offices are already decided except in places where there's ranked choice voting. What's more important here are the literally dozens of propositions that show up on every ballot. These must be read about (at least the book) and thought about to make an informed decision. I do this every election and mark up the voter's guide (the book with both opposing views written in it) for my wife to review. She makes her own decisions.

·
50 years of Mercury Cougar 1967/2017
1,289 Posts
CDDB, turn in your friend.

Did you guys see the three clowns on TV today. rudi, jenni and sydney.

Plus rudi's Grecian Formula running down his face.

Reactions: Trunk Monkey

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #444

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
CDDB, turn in your friend.

Did you guys see the three clowns on TV today. rudi, jenni and sydney.

Plus rudi's Grecian Formula running down his face.
Wow! You know, after nearly 4 years of these type of shenanigans ... never mind. Anyway, the Cousin Vinny reference reminds me of this. I could see Rudy doing exactly this!

·
Registered
476 Posts
CDs, by signing, the authorized voter states they are the one who is eligible and DID cast the vote. Since "they" didn't, I would say it's technically voter fraud. If they vote the same way, no harm no foul, IMO.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #448
This garbage continues
Two days ago Reuters broke the story that Attorney General Bill Barr, while working at Kirkland & Ellis, represented Caterpillar in a billion-dollar tax case that miraculously was dropped by the DOJ one week after Barr took over the Justice Department

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
I'm surprised the Barr story didn't see the light of day until now. Not surprised that it happened at all and not surprised that he's gotten away with it. As to Caterpillar, I guess the case can continue at some point.

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts

·
Registered
3,185 Posts

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #454
441 - 454 of 454 Posts