TCCoA Forums banner

Q: What is the worst-case scenario event you think will happen in 2020?

• 1. Contested election (meaning Trump or Biden don't concede the election by Nov 10th)

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • 2. Trump disputes the validity of the election and causes civil unrest

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • 3. The pandemic starts overwhelming our medical system

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • 4. The stock market crashes (defined at S&P dropping below the March 2020 dip)

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • 5. Alien Invasion

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • 6. We go to war with China/Iran/etc (defined as declaration of war or troop invasion)

• 7. We get invaded

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8. Civil war in the US (defined as some organized body attacking the govt)

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • 9. Militia on Militia violence (active shooting between organized non-govt combatants)

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • 10. Big Rock hits Earth (Tunguska event - 100meters - or bigger)

• 11. The Rapture (mass group of people disappear unrelated to aliens)

• 12. Messiah declaration gets attention of >1% of population (Jesus or other, not aliens)

• 13. Biden disputes the validity of the election and causes civil unrest

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • 14. Coronavirus evolves like the flu -- significantly setting back vaccination development efforts

• Another REGIONAL natural disaster (hurricane, earthquake, tornado swarm, etc)

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • 16. One of the current presidential candidates steps down/dies before the election

• 17. Post Nov, our President elect dies.

121 - 140 of 186 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,027 Posts
Kellyanne Conway, that bastion of truth, caught it.

Its gonna spread like wildfire through his administration. You have to imagine that once his valet caught it a month or so ago, and then a few more folks peripheral to his administration had it, this was inevitable.
Yeah, I mentioned this over in the COVID thread. Re-posting here:

Also adding Ron Johnson (R-WI) to the list. Third (R) Senator positive in three days.
EDIT: Add Trump campaign boss, Bill Stepien to the list as well.

Kellyanne Conway, Sens. Thom Tillis of North Carolina and Mike Lee of Utah are also COVID positive. At lest 7 who attended SCOTUS nominee announcement are now positive.

The picture in this article says it all. No masks, no social distancing .... too bad Moscow Mitch wasn't there.

Conway's daughter is none-too-happy with her mother.

"Conway's daughter, Claudia Conway posted a video on TikTok announcing her mother's diagnosis even before her mother issued a statement. Claudia Conway said she is "furious" that her mother, who brushed off wearing a mask during the pandemic, exposed the family to Covid-19. "

·
Super Moderator
13,027 Posts
Getting back to Brad Parcale .... "The 'Family' is worried Brad will start talking."

BTW, this totally is the Sopranos. You can't make this sh!t up.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
You remember how we were talking about whether violence would be civil war vs milita battles (like a gang style)? This article might be a food for thought.

Well, it seems that at least one rightwing militia has gone hunting govt officials instead of antifa leaders (not that Antifa bogeyman has a structure anything resembling the rightwing militia/hate groups).

·
Super Moderator
13,027 Posts
Yup. This is a direct result of the "LIBERATE MICHIGAN!" tweet back in April.

·
Super Moderator
5,262 Posts
You remember how we were talking about whether violence would be civil war vs milita battles (like a gang style)? This article might be a food for thought.

Well, it seems that at least one rightwing militia has gone hunting govt officials instead of antifa leaders (not that Antifa bogeyman has a structure anything resembling the rightwing militia/hate groups).

Anarchists are not necessarily Trump supporters, do remember.

Don't blame Trump for other idiots.

Unless, of course, you want to blame folks like Obama for the first wave of BLM-inspired cop killings back when Obama was still president. Five Dallas Officers Were Killed as Payback, Police Chief Says (Published 2016)

(I find that incident somewhat personal - my son in law USED to be an officer there, but went back into the military just a few months before said incident. Driving HVs in Afghanistan was safer than being an officer in Dallas area, according to him.)

RwP

·
Super Moderator
13,027 Posts
Redirecting the topic towards the police and BLM from White Supremacists and Militia groups is whatabouism. THESE Anarchists - the one's arrested for plotting to kidnap the governor of Michigan are absolutely Trump supporters.

In the Dallas case you cited, I blame cops for getting other cops killed. The police in Baton Rouge Louisiana were the idiots who sent that chain of events into motion with the murder of Alton Sterling. Amazingly, at the time, I was working about 5 miles from where that happened!

Yes, law enforcement is a very difficult, thankless and under paid profession. It's why good officers like your son-in-law and many others have fled the profession. It's why I gave up on working in law enforcement myself. I admire the good officers that remain, I'm thankful that we have good officers in my community and I regret that there are bad officers out there who screw it up for everyone.

·
Super Moderator
5,262 Posts
Redirecting the topic towards the police and BLM from White Supremacists and Militia groups is whatabouism. THESE Anarchists - the one's arrested for plotting to kidnap the governor of Michigan are absolutely Trump supporters.

In the Dallas case you cited, I blame cops for getting other cops killed. The police in Baton Rouge Louisiana were the idiots who sent that chain of events into motion with the murder of Alton Sterling. Amazingly, at the time, I was working about 5 miles from where that happened!

Yes, law enforcement is a very difficult, thankless and under paid profession. It's why good officers like your son-in-law and many others have fled the profession. It's why I gave up on working in law enforcement myself. I admire the good officers that remain, I'm thankful that we have good officers in my community and I regret that there are bad officers out there who screw it up for everyone.
Brandon Cacerta, the accused ringleader, is anti-Trump. See, for instance, Donald Trump is a "tyrant" and "not your friend", says suspect in Governor Whitmer kidnapping plot . Or check his rants on TikTok sometimes.

It wasn't a cop doing the shooting, he claimed it was retribution due to him being a BLM activist. Again, if you blame Trump for all the unrest, you have to also blame Obama for his part.

Or just don't give Trump that much power and control over the left, ya know. He's got prime territory in your head; you've given it to him, and let him live there rent free (albeit not rant free ... )

But eh. You let him control you, do what you want.

I don't give a plugged nickel for EITHER main party this year; one side has a racist sexual predator, the other side has Donald Trump.

RwP

Reactions: XR7-4.6

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Yeah, I'm highly considering going 3rd party this go-around as well. Jo Jorgenson seems an appealing 3rd party candidate. Perhaps mainly because we don't hear much about her, lol.

Reactions: MadMikeyL

·
Super Moderator
13,027 Posts
Brandon Cacerta, the accused ringleader, is anti-Trump. See, for instance, Donald Trump is a "tyrant" and "not your friend", says suspect in Governor Whitmer kidnapping plot . Or check his rants on TikTok sometimes.

It wasn't a cop doing the shooting, he claimed it was retribution due to him being a BLM activist. Again, if you blame Trump for all the unrest, you have to also blame Obama for his part.

Or just don't give Trump that much power and control over the left, ya know. He's got prime territory in your head; you've given it to him, and let him live there rent free (albeit not rant free ... )

But eh. You let him control you, do what you want.

I don't give a plugged nickel for EITHER main party this year; one side has a racist sexual predator, the other side has Donald Trump.

RwP
You got a point Ralph. Yeah, I was a little full of caffeine this morning and didn't take the time to dig into it which is out of character for me. My apology. Weren't some of those guys the same guys who "Occupied" the Michigan state house with their weapons back in April?

Regarding the Dallas shooting, Trump wasn't even president when all that happened.

The way I see it:

A: Cops Kill Alton Sterling and Philandro Castile
B: Protests and counter protests ensue
C: Extremist become enraged, comes out of the woodwork and kills officers at a protest that never would have happen had A not happened in the first place.

As I said, cops set that chain of events into motion and are ultimately responsible. I can't blame Obama though as he repeatedly made efforts to implement gun control, measures that were blocked at every turn by a Republican congress and the NRA. So, regardless of who's in the WH, until something changes in congress, we'll continue to see mass shootings in our country.

Yeah, Trump gets into my head and under my skin some times. Just imagine what he's doing to those less mentally stable than I am.

What part has Obama played in all the current unrest? He hasn't been President for almost 4 years now. I'm interested in your thoughts.

·
Super Moderator
5,262 Posts
No, Trump wasn't president in 2016.

Hence my point - that was fomented by the rhetoric by those supporting BLM at the time.

If Trump is responsible for all the so called far right assholes, then Obama is just as responsible for the so called far left assholes.

If Obama wasn't responsible for that attack in Plano, why is Trump being held responsible?

(Again, I wouldn't give you a plugged nickel for EITHER of them.)

RwP

Reactions: Trunk Monkey

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
I think
No, Trump wasn't president in 2016.

Hence my point - that was fomented by the rhetoric by those supporting BLM at the time.

If Trump is responsible for all the so called far right assholes, then Obama is just as responsible for the so called far left assholes.

If Obama wasn't responsible for that attack in Plano, why is Trump being held responsible?

(Again, I wouldn't give you a plugged nickel for EITHER of them.)

RwP
Ok, you want to "blame" each president for the protests/violence that occured on their watches.
However, when did Obama encourage violence or those that promoted violence?

I found records of Obama encouraging Occupy Wallstreet but I didn't see any examples where he encouraged the public to attack other Americans.
Our current president, on the other hand, has pretty much said everything short of "Will someone rid me of this meddlesome priest."
.... and you can probably categorize his demand via twitter for Barr to indict Biden as a modern day equivalent.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,692 Posts
I think as we have been going along, the pendulum keeps going further and further to each side with each swing. Less gets done for the overall common good, extremists get more extreme, and so forth.

As a nation I think we need to focus less on the nuclear "hot button" issues that both left and right constantly dwell on. There is so much out there that can make a real difference if partisan politics could be put aside for half as long as it's in the spotlight.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
I think as we have been going along, the pendulum keeps going further and further to each side with each swing. Less gets done for the overall common good, extremists get more extreme, and so forth.

As a nation I think we need to focus less on the nuclear "hot button" issues that both left and right constantly dwell on. There is so much out there that can make a real difference if partisan politics could be put aside for half as long as it's in the spotlight.
Totally agree.

·
Super Moderator
13,027 Posts
Here's an extension of #2 that I see as not just a possibility but an absolute. One he exhausts all of the protests he puts up to loosing the election. He will attempt to self-pardon. Now, technically, I'm not sure if there's anything against this. Just another breaking of political norm among many with this guy. Fortunately, at the state level, this does nothing for him.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Yeah, I'm highly considering going 3rd party this go-around as well. Jo Jorgenson seems an appealing 3rd party candidate. Perhaps mainly because we don't hear much about her, lol.
You are in CA. Go for it. But also please take a look at the propositions and give them good thoughts.

One of these third parties should get a few votes. We should move towards a triparty or more system to allow for more centrist voices.

Anyone in a battleground state though should please consider who they want in office from the top two choices for the next 4 years.

·
Super Moderator
7,769 Posts
Go for it! A vote for either a Democrat or Republican is a complete waste of your vote in a state where the outcome is not in question!

I got my ballot mailed back yesterday.
2CC18A93-9574-4C5B-88B7-350D8C2899D3.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
5,262 Posts
Anyone in a battleground state though should please consider who they want in office from the top two choices for the next 4 years.
But they won't let us have 'None of the above' as a choice!

(I think they ought to ... "******* won 27% of the EC, Altzheimer's won 26%, but NOTA got a whopping 47%!" )

RwP

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
First we had the Rose Garden Massacre. Now, we will see if what catchy name they come up for the next White House super spreader event happening TODAY?

Q: Who wants to line up to catch covid from the spreader in chief himself?

As far as opting to pick noone, by doing so you are letting someone ELSE make decisions that will most definitely affect your life. If our president was a figurehead position, sure, let whatever attention whore get the job. However, this job requires that people make decisions that favor one group, or one people, over others (ex: shareholders of pollution emitting companies vs the rest of us). Exactly what decisions they make ARE important so don't make these decisions lightly.

No rational person should WANT to be president, just like no completely rational person should WANT to be CEO of a public company because of the compromises you would have to make between your personal beliefs, your personal needs, and what the shareholders/public want. However, some people are attracted with these kinds of jobs despite the cost to their personal lives.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,692 Posts
I did that in 2016. I didn't vote for either Trump or Clinton, but a local third party candidate running against them who had reasonable values.

We almost had a sign in our yard that said "Meteor 2016". Now we're considering "Any functioning adult 2020".

We no longer live in a nation ruled "by the people" through representative democracy as a republic, as much as we live in a nation ruled by the interests of either of the two political parties and those banking their campaigns. It just so happens that the seat of power in the white house also gets to call the shots within their own party, and a "controlling majority" in either or both of the other branches of government completely circumvents the design of the Constitution's separation of powers, checks and balances etc.

Reactions: CDsDontBurn

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
You are in CA. Go for it. But also please take a look at the propositions and give them good thoughts.

One of these third parties should get a few votes. We should move towards a triparty or more system to allow for more centrist voices.

Being in CA is the big reason why I'm highly considering the move to 3rd party this election cycle. I know the state will go Blue. Our two party system is broken and we need a third party to fix the system and create a new balance. It will make people actually talk to each other instead of fighting like a bunch of toddlers.

The propositions, I am voting on. I have made up my mind on most of them. The third rail item, Prop 15, being a huge modification to Prop 13, can shove it. We are already a high tax state, and Prop 15 is going to be a slippery slope for Prop 13 if Prop 15 passes.

121 - 140 of 186 Posts