TCCoA Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Kind of not related but I found that the 2010 V6 Mustang base had 11.5" 293-4 mm front rotors with the 5 x4.5 bolt pattern.
Correct me if I am wrong but it seems I could use these (Brembo has a pair drilled and slotted for about $79.00 on eBay)

This would save me reusing the not so great FN10 front rotors, and having to drill new holes or notch old ones as well.
I can get by with what I have, but this would be a handy option if it works.

Anyone have input?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I made my brackets myself using some 1/2” T6061 aluminum I had leftover from the custom crossmember I made, and largely copied Dave’s design, and indeed the parking brake cable nub interfered a bit, I had to grind off a portion of the nub to clear the bolts
I see. Do you have "stock thickness" pads for those calipers? I read on the thread over at SCCoA that one or two people tried grinding down a bit of that nub and the parking brake cable ending up popping loose which is why I ask. I would rather grind down the bolt head but I'm wondering if it's a rare problem or something that can be addressed with stock brake pads.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yes, stock type pads, I don’t think that would make a difference. I had to grind both the bolt and the nub for it to clear, it’s been holding up for 4 years though, and I use my parking brake all the time since my car is a 5-speed.
Oh, ok. I wish there was a picture of the whole thing put together with a before & after of that nub (and the bolt) being ground down. Just so I know what I'm in for and how much is "too much" for that nub.

·
SuperNewbie
1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6 red
3,811 Posts
Oh, ok. I wish there was a picture of the whole thing put together with a before & after of that nub (and the bolt) being ground down. Just so I know what I'm in for and how much is "too much" for that nub.
I'm about to do the rear brake upgrade. Probably next weekend. I can take pictures.

Reactions: rampagingsloth

·
The Parts Guy
8,021 Posts
David posted detailed install instructions on his page here: Facebook

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
After a bunch of looking around, I think my choice of front brakes will be the Cadlliac ATS setup.
I think that not only will they function as I want, they have a real sex appeal and I love the look.

·
Registered
1991 Mercury Cougar LS 5.0 in restoration
1,673 Posts
Has anyone here used, or seen Justin Price' s brackets for the S197/S550 brakes?

Cheaper than the FTB brackets, but still pretty expensive. Just wondering if they are worth the funds to run the 14" rotor?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts