TCCoA Forums banner

What doomsday events might occur in 2021?

• 1. Stock market crashes again (back to the level of March 2020 or below).

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • 2. President elect Biden does not assume office on Jan 20th, 2021.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • 3. US death toll to covid tops 400K by Jan 19th, 2021

• 4. US death toll to covid tops 1M by EOY 2021.

• 5. More organized violence around the transfer of power in Jan 2021.

• 6. Another foreign govt non-state actor starts trouble b/c of political unrest in the US.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 7. While president, Trump pardons his family for crimes.

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • 8. While president, Trump attempts to pardon himself

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • 9. Citizen Trump gets criminally indicted on any charge greater than a misdemeanor

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • 10. Democrats win both seats in GA Senate race and split the Senate 50/50.

• 11. Mass shootings in the US resume (Single event death toll >10).

• 12. Act of domestic or foreign terrorism on US soil.

• 13. Alien Invasion.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 14. Japan postpones the summer Olympics (again).

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • 15. Trump pardons Ghislaine Maxwell (Epstein's associate).

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • 16. Civil war erupts / Organized, large scale, militia attacks and/or bombings/the end of demorcacy

41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
Administrator
1997 Thunderbird LX
8,491 Posts
Capital police did shoot someone inside from what I'm hearing on ABC.

Joe

·
Super Moderator
13,420 Posts
Over 200 years of peaceful transition of power ended today. Very, very sad day for our Country.

In all honesty I saw this coming as much as I wished it wouldn't happen. I knew, in the back of my mind it would. The continuing problem and threat is that to many of these people this is just the beginning. Very, very frightening to think about what this may lead to.

Absolutely it's going to shake the market. I'm canceling my buy orders tonight. I expect a crash tomorrow. Buy the VIX it's going to be ugly.

Reactions: CDsDontBurn

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,904 Posts
Yep. This is now a part of what our time will be remembered by for generations to come, and I'm ashamed to have to have lived it.

·
Super Moderator
13,420 Posts
I also wanted to comment on #10. It looks like the Democrats have officially taken both GA senate seats. Which, to me, is wonderful news. It's going to be another rocky year. God help us all.

Reactions: CDsDontBurn

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
18,334 Posts
Yeah I expected it today, had a feeling last night and I have zero social media to alert me to it. Trump is a sore winner, I expected his sore losing would be monumental. I’ve never been one for pageantry so I’m less disturbed by the lack of peaceful transfer of power but how consistently his followers are such sheep. They all act like individualist crusaders but at the beck and call of their leader. ******* cults.

I’m further convinced protests do no good for this country.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Over 200 years of peaceful transition of power ended today. Very, very sad day for our Country.

In all honesty I saw this coming as much as I wished it wouldn't happen. I knew, in the back of my mind it would. The continuing problem and threat is that to many of these people this is just the beginning. Very, very frightening to think about what this may lead to.

Absolutely it's going to shake the market. I'm canceling my buy orders tonight. I expect a crash tomorrow. Buy the VIX it's going to be ugly.
Yep. This is now a part of what our time will be remembered by for generations to come, and I'm ashamed to have to have lived it.
Theres no shame in being alive. No one should feel that. The shame should come to those who render aid and support of the erosion of our democracy or stay complacent as people do so. I too don't believe the protests do minimal good but the sharing of facts, countering the propaganda with science, and using your money/influence to put laws in place to make people act better is important. Clearly, those who seek power NEED laws and law enforcement to keep them honest. If left to their own "inner conscience", they just grab wealth/power/influence for themselves. See also the current presidential cabinet and GOP senators.

I look at the current presidency as a stress test for the democracy. If we make it through this, we will be able to make things stronger.

·
Super Moderator
13,420 Posts
Oh, it's a stress test all right, has been since he took office. It takes the bad to bring the good. Germany recovered after WWII. We can make it through the presidency of this mentally ill, demagogue POS. These are the last death throes of the tRump administration. One can only hope that tRumpism fades away with him but I doubt that will be the case. We're going to have to deal with this cult for a while.

At least things are headed in the right direction with GA senate seats won and the Biden win. Here's to a return to some semblance of political normalcy.

I wonder if the woman that was shot and killed inside the capital was the same woman who harassed Mitt Romney at the airport or on his flight to DC yesterday?

·
Super Moderator
13,420 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,904 Posts
Theres no shame in being alive. No one should feel that.
Nah, I'm not ashamed to live. Having had this experience, though... perhaps this quote from a local news outlet (which I'm sure grabs from national publishers) sums it up:

"Pelosi [...] noted the day would always be 'part of history,' but now it would be 'as such a shameful picture of our country was put out into the world.'"

·
Super Moderator
13,420 Posts
Should lock the whole damn thing, that and Facebook is where these rioters organize
Well, you kinda got your wish. FB has blocked him from posting there for 24 HRS.

Reactions: XR7-4.6

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Should lock the whole damn thing, that and Facebook is where these rioters organize
You spelled Parler wrong. 😛

But in all seriousness. You're right about that. FB has the largest influence out of any SM platform.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
So these good people from both sides weren't visiting capitol hill to just protest and take selfies at Pelosi's desk.

If this doesn't send the market into a spin, I don't know what will. Maybe trump taking a shot at biden on 5th avenue?

·
Super Moderator
13,420 Posts
Jeez! WTF! Thank heavens they didn’t detonate.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
State Capitols and/or governor's mansions in California, Ohio, New Mexico, Georgia, Washington, Utah, Oregon, Kansas, Wisconsin, CO, and SCprotests or govt incursions.
Protesters disperse from inside Kansas Statehouse - this one was permitted and peaceful
WI - they just drove around the capitol building -- I guess with the cops in Kenosha not getting charged, there are plenty of venues in that state to stir **** up in.
PHOTOS: Trump supporters rally outside Colorado Capitol - just a gatehering in Denver
Protestors gather at the SC Statehouse in support of the ‘Stop the Steal’ movement - Gathered outside the state house.

Now, there were hundreds to a thousand at each of these events.
If one in a million of the 74M people who voted for Trump turns to violence, the next 14 days are going to be tough.

Oh, 4 people died at the Capitol today. The one woman who got shot trying to break a barricade indoors and 3 others of medical emergencies.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
18,334 Posts
You spelled Parler wrong. 😛

But in all seriousness. You're right about that. FB has the largest influence out of any SM platform.
Parlor is a clone of Twitter in format, and it wouldn’t have any users if not for scorned former users from the social media sites that stoked their cynicism/anger/mental illness through their algorithms in the first place. All social media needs to go away, it’s become quite clear the negatives are outweighing the benefits, and as far as I’m concerned this is their Exxon Valdez or BP oil spill. Actually it’s worse.

·
Super Moderator
13,420 Posts
As of this morning the Facebook ban is now "Indefinite".

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Unbelievable. The market is still climbing with SQQQ up another 2%. I don't know what will finally unsettle things.
People are crazy.

·
Super Moderator
9,904 Posts
I found out a few moments ago that the US representative for my congressional district voted to support the objection to certify the electoral votes cast by Pennsylvania. Now I get to write him a letter telling him "uhhh, seriously dude?"

41 - 60 of 102 Posts