TCCoA Forums banner

What doomsday events might occur in 2021?

• 1. Stock market crashes again (back to the level of March 2020 or below).

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • 2. President elect Biden does not assume office on Jan 20th, 2021.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • 3. US death toll to covid tops 400K by Jan 19th, 2021

• 4. US death toll to covid tops 1M by EOY 2021.

• 5. More organized violence around the transfer of power in Jan 2021.

• 6. Another foreign govt non-state actor starts trouble b/c of political unrest in the US.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 7. While president, Trump pardons his family for crimes.

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • 8. While president, Trump attempts to pardon himself

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • 9. Citizen Trump gets criminally indicted on any charge greater than a misdemeanor

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • 10. Democrats win both seats in GA Senate race and split the Senate 50/50.

• 11. Mass shootings in the US resume (Single event death toll >10).

• 12. Act of domestic or foreign terrorism on US soil.

• 13. Alien Invasion.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 14. Japan postpones the summer Olympics (again).

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • 15. Trump pardons Ghislaine Maxwell (Epstein's associate).

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • 16. Civil war erupts / Organized, large scale, militia attacks and/or bombings/the end of demorcacy

81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
3,422 Posts

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
So which is more credible:
This FBI memo about a potential attack on govt if Trump is removed by 25th amendment

OR

Antifa bus is coming to town hoaxes that spread throughout america in early summer 2020 (I even had a friend call me to say that she heard from her SFPD friend that we were supposed to expect Antifa to "invade" SF in the same timeframe. It bothered her enough to sleep with a baseball bat close by... which I found hilarious).

·
Registered
1991 Mercury Cougar LS 5.0 in restoration
548 Posts
Hopefully the FBI report ends up in the same category as the Antifa story, but we'll see. I just can't figure out how anyone can go so far right or left to be a complete conspiracy theorist, radical, or violent individual.

Don't get me wrong, there are conspiracies I have thought through, or maybe believe to some degree, but the Q-anon stuff is Skin Walker Ranch crazy

·
Super Moderator
7,836 Posts

Justice is NOT blind in the US but we should be able to hope for some enforcement of the law in this case.
Considering how many cameras/sensors where there on capitol hill, even if we could (barely) protector our legislators, I'm hoping that some will be brought to justice.
Felony murder is a real stretch in this case, and clearly not in keeping with the intent of that law. I think negligent homicide is a more appropriate charge, and I would have no problem charging anyone who was found to be inside the building with that.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
18,334 Posts
So which is more credible:
This FBI memo about a potential attack on govt if Trump is removed by 25th amendment

OR

Antifa bus is coming to town hoaxes that spread throughout america in early summer 2020 (I even had a friend call me to say that she heard from her SFPD friend that we were supposed to expect Antifa to "invade" SF in the same timeframe. It bothered her enough to sleep with a baseball bat close by... which I found hilarious).
There are also people believe the violence looting and arsons during the BLM protest/riots in the summer were false flags by MAGA/proud boys/white supremist groups. My Mom and I were arguing about that on the weekend.

Basically anything that makes MAGA look bad are Antifa infiltrators, and anything that makes BLM look bad are MAGA infiltrators lol

Felony murder is a real stretch in this case, and clearly not in keeping with the intent of that law. I think negligent homicide is a more appropriate charge, and I would have no problem charging anyone who was found to be inside the building with that.
How did he die anyway? I had initially thought he was the officer who was crunched in the door the way things were being reported (which was awful to watch) but reports are very sparse on the cause of death on anyone besides the women who got shot including his. I mean I think someone or someones should be held responsible for someone's untimely death but I have to agree with your sentiment until I know more about it.

Hopefully the FBI report ends up in the same category as the Antifa story, but we'll see. I just can't figure out how anyone can go so far right or left to be a complete conspiracy theorist, radical, or violent individual.

Don't get me wrong, there are conspiracies I have thought through, or maybe believe to some degree, but the Q-anon stuff is Skin Walker Ranch crazy
I equate Q-anon with the flat earth conspiracy, and would really like to know how much crossover exists. I suspect its significant.

I too indulge in conspiracies, but old fashioned ones like JFK and UFO coverups and whatnot, at least those have evidence of secrecy and exposed lies from official records(even if the core premise is false). Old conspiracies relished in facts, evidence and science to support them, Q anon and Flat Earth use faith and imagination.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
IANAL (nor am I a mechanic at your level, for that matter) so I'm not sure WHICH charge is a more appropriate adder. The net result is that there were people who made their way into the building that shouldn't be there and at least two people are directly dead because of these actions (the les miz larping woman and the cop who got brained). IMO, there SHOULD be stronger charges thrown at them than unlawful entry.

One thought that just occured to me now -- doe US Capitol police NOT have bodycams? Why the hell not?
-g

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Brian Sicknick was felled by a fire extinguisher. While its certainly possible that someone brought an extinguisher to the party (they DID bring hockey sticks and spears after all), its more likely that a rioter found a weapon of opportunity.

The crazy part was that Sicknick was a Trump supporter himself. Poor guy was just doing his job.

·
Registered
1991 Mercury Cougar LS 5.0 in restoration
548 Posts
Interesting that he was allowed to be Capital police, if all of that is true. I'm fine with him being a Trump supporter and I agree there are elites that have too much power, but speaking of regime change...hmm.

No matter what, sad he lost his life.

·
Super Moderator
18,334 Posts
He called for regime change in 2003, who didnt? That's not exactly a radical right wing take on the Bush admin and the war on terror. I frankly agree with everything he said, then and now including the first impeachment which I thought was a waste of taxpayer dollars for a predictable pyrrhic political victory. I'm not a Trump supporter.

I didn't realize that was the cause of death, ouch. If they took it from the building I'd think they'd have surveillance footage to identify the person who lifted it

·
Super Moderator
7,836 Posts
I’m also not a lawyer, but my mother is, as well as two of my uncles, and I have a fair bit of knowledge of the law. The concept of felony murder is that if you engage in a violent felony where a murder is a likely outcome, you are just as guilty of a murder as your co-conspirator who actually pulled the trigger. The penalties for felony murder are exactly the same as murder, so charging anyone who was in the building with felony murder is a 20 year to life sentence. The most common uses for felony murder are armed robberies gone bad. Obviously if you go out with guns and rob someone, someone getting killed is a real possibility that you are prepared for. I don’t think the same can be said of everyone who entered the capital building. The article you linked mentions that they want to consider them breaking into the capital to be a “takeover burglary”, which is another violent crime involving kidnapping, often perpetrated in someone’s own home, as that is one of the few charges that would let them use the felony murder charge. I think that’s a stretch. As for them deserving more serious charges than trespassing, I definitely agree, but I think if they go too extreme with the charges, that will just make the crazies even more crazy, and give credence to their pitch that they are being silenced by the powers that be. On the other hand, if they all got negligent homicide charges, they would all likely get some jail time, probably 1-2 years, and a criminal record that they can’t pay a lawyer to expunge. For participating in a riot that led to multiple deaths, including a police officer, I don’t think any rational person would say that sentence is unjustly harsh.

Reactions: S4gunn and XR7-4.6

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #91

·
Registered
3,422 Posts

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
So after the rioters forced the politicans to retreat to secured rooms, it looks like there might have been an outbreak as the dems were sequestered with republicans who refused to wear masks even when asked to do so AND against their own party's rules.

I do not envy the jobs of any of these democrats; they are supposed to find common ground with a cabal of equally powerful people who refuse to be civil enough to take actions that might make others more comfortable and at a best case keeps everyone (including themselves) safer despite being in close quarters. That's simply petty.

I've always wondered if the GOP leadership were just manipulating the masses that they control and keep them in power OR if they are "true believers" in anti-science themselves. In other words, were the GOP leadership smart people who knew how to manipulate others for their own selfish gains? That makes them self serving but then capable of reasoning (when it suits their own self-interest -- not necessarily the self interests of their constiuents). These kind of actions make me suspect that its a little more of the latter than I had previously hoped.

·
Super Moderator
13,420 Posts
Absolutely, I believe it’s manipulation. They will do and say whatever it takes to both keep the money flowing (private campaign contributions, corporate and lobbyist money and insider trading money) and to remain in power.

·
Super Moderator
5,358 Posts
I've always wondered if the political leadership were just manipulating the masses that they control and keep them in power
That ... pretty much sums it up.

For both parties.

RwP

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
In case you haven't seen this, time sequence compilation of the capitol hill insurgency

Abridged ver

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Does anyone here think that there will be a civil war here in the US sometime in 2021?

My MIL sent my wife and I a message (a video she recorded on Fox News) of how some companies are going to not even look at anyone who was a member of the Trump administration from working for their company. I was trying to look for the recorded video from the actual Fox News website (trying to avoid upload to YouTube or similar) to share with you guys here.

Anyway, my MIL and wife both believe that this is going to incite violence - skirmishes if you will - and that they will blow out of proportion into full on civil war fairly quickly (#16 on our list).

I'm trying to keep it level headed and play it way down, but my wife is a bit excitable at times on a few topics such as this one.

Anyway, I'm off to the store right now to grab some non-perishables, lol. We just need stuff to hold us back long enough until after the inauguration.

·
Super Moderator
18,334 Posts
Does anyone here think that there will be a civil war here in the US sometime in 2021?

My MIL sent my wife and I a message (a video she recorded on Fox News) of how some companies are going to not even look at anyone who was a member of the Trump administration from working for their company. I was trying to look for the recorded video from the actual Fox News website (trying to avoid upload to YouTube or similar) to share with you guys here.

Anyway, my MIL and wife both believe that this is going to incite violence - skirmishes if you will - and that they will blow out of proportion into full on civil war fairly quickly (#16 on our list).

I'm trying to keep it level headed and play it way down, but my wife is a bit excitable at times on a few topics such as this one.

Anyway, I'm off to the store right now to grab some non-perishables, lol. We just need stuff to hold us back long enough until after the inauguration.
I don’t think anyone cares if former cabinet staff don't find gigs, from this administration or any administration really. I’m not sure I take those company proclamations seriously anyway, seems like they’re just using this as an opportunity to gain clout and free advertising.

That said there are some things I have heard people say that echos McCarthyism with regard to Republicans, be it towards the crazy insurrectionists (who deserve it) or regular old traditional voters. What’s been going on with big tech has been very conflicting for me, as I have no love at all for Facebook or Twitter, it’s been gratifying to see them acknowledge the major role they have played creating extremist hate filled echo chambers in their quest to monopolize speech to mine data on, but it’s quite rich that they along with other Silicon Valley players rally together to kill Parlor - a place their banned/scorned users would flock to and be their competition - a place, while certainly a hive of scum and villainy, had no more hand in the insurrection of the citadel (I love trendy fancy words!) than Facebook did. It’s quite obvious to me the motives and biases of these companies, I’m slightly left of center and I see it, to a right wing type(not just extreme either) I imagine they’re seething at the hypocrisy.

But no, I don’t think civil war. I’m hoping we hit rock bottom last week(although I thought that a few times over the last few years)

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #99

I think during a pandemic, which we are still in, having a supply of non perishables is pretty essential if you can afford it.

I will be surprised if there is no violence. How widespread it will be is TBD. The good news, if there is such a thing, is that it will be amateur non-state actors vs the US govt, instead of two non-state actors against each other. IMO, the roll-up will be more predictable. My biggest worry is that the amount of destruction a small group of people can do with off the shelf materials has never been easier (see the Nashville bombing and the attack on saudi oil fields).

I'm afraid that innocent blood will be spilled. Will the other side care? Nah, because these people don't support their aims and/or are too brown.

As far as just getting through inauguration is concerned, I think it will take longer for the healing (or the excising of this cancer, whichever comes first). Some white people in the west have been agitating for a white land for years. Fun fact: oregon was founded to be a state for white people.

We will see how things work out.

81 - 100 of 102 Posts