TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i figure once i move and get a full time job ill look into a thunderbird again since ill have the money, my dad bought new tires for his 90 caddy just last year, and well 6 months ago i made the fronts slicks, put the slickers in the back and fresh tread up front. now those are just about slicks.. (stupid 300lb foot)... but i was thinkin.. the tires on the rim now are 205 70 15.... would 215 fit? and im guessin they dont have a 60/65 side wall for that small. i figure since im takin his car with me i mine as well get fresh tires soon and maybe some flowmasters :) and is there a big diff between 205 and 215?

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
It's not a very signifigant difference. We can tell you what size tire you can run on the wheel, but we need to know all three numbers, not just the width.

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Go to a 225/60-15 or if you have to, a 215/65-15. That's the same size roughly but with a wider contact area for better wet and dry grip and better overall handling.

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Look at the clearance now. 225's are only 1cm wider on each side than 205's. That's less than 1/2". Chances are you've got a LOT more clearance than that stock.

·
Registered
575 Posts
go for the p215/70-15's, a bit wider, a bit taller, and after all, it is a cadillac. you sure do not want to go with a shorter tire for that big hog. go for the taller tire to get a bit better ride, thats what you shoudl be looking for, rather than performance.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have yet to see225;s for a 15" rim in my $ likin. but i dont like the 70's. they flex to much on turns and highways .. i kinda wanna hug the road, so was thinkin 60's?? i dont care if i feel the bumps on the road, just dont wanna bottom out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts