1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
20" Tire Sizing

I Would Try 245/35r20 - It Is 26.8" Tall V/s 26.6 On The Stock 225/60r16
I Personally Would Not Go Any Larger Than 18" Without Upgrading The
Brakes As You Are Hanging Some Pretty Good Weight On The Spindles
Lots Of Guys Do It, But They Care More About Bling Than Performance.
Tire Joe

·
Registered
987 Posts
thanks for the info how bout a bit wider tire in back
If you want a wider rear then you will have to match up a rear wheel with a 9-10" width. Going with 8.5" all the way around pretty much locks in 245MM rubber all the way around, if you do it right. There are advantages to this that increase tire life enabling you to rotate your tires.

Brad

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So it possible to go with a 55 in the rear, I was bout to go with the billet but then found some y2k but then found a deal on some enkei kapones that I could pass up, I've wanted a wide rear. But mite have to get another set of rims
________
CleanEnergy

·
Registered
987 Posts
So it possible to go with a 55 in the rear, I was bout to go with the billet but then found some y2k but then found a deal on some enkei kapones that I could pass up, I've wanted a wide rear. But mite have to get another set of rims
255-35-20 is 27" tall...You would exp. a lil rub in the front on the inner plastic fender skirt.

IMO the appearance of the 245-35-20 will look more correct and clean in comparison.

Brad

·
Registered
958 Posts
I would hate to run such a small profile tire. I like thinkness ( more so in woman )

agreed..... i'm not a dog, i want some meat on them bones. lol

900th post!!! :headbang:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts