TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if it would look goofy to put 245's on my bird with stock 95 aluminum. im not sure how deep the rims are. so I don’t want to much tread or else it will balloon out the sidewalls. anyone out there running this size, or 255's that can elaborate. :confused:

·
smoothed and filled red pearl 94
631 Posts
i did that exact swap

i did that swap and think it looks badassed having those fat tires on my 15" fanblades. they do roll over a bit in corners though. ill post a pic tomorrow if you want one.

-John

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
They look great. I put them on my 97 V6 T-bird before I gave it to my sister. She still gets compliments on them. Of course with the V6 in there she'll sure never wear em out by doing burnouts! :D

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
that's what I run on my 94 Cougar; great tire size! Make sure you get an alignment when you put them on though; the larger contact patch needs a spot on alignment.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks Damn good

got my BFG Radial T/A today!!! damn i love them. im gonna hold off for a little bit on the alignment though cuz my upper ball joints are starting to go.... boots are torn.... so im gonna get new uppers lowers and a remaned steering rack (leaking).... then im in for a alignment. ill be sure to keep and eye out for funny wear though. NICE LOOKING TIRES :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was gonna ask the same question, but no need any more. I knew 245's would look good, but no one ( outside of tccoa ) believed me.

Cool.

with 215/70's up front, would 245/50's or 245/60's look better out back?

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I went with a slight rake look when I bought my tires. I bought Cooper Cobra Radial GT's with raised white letters. 235/60-15's on the rear, and 215/60-15's up front. I'd post a pic or two, but for some reason I'm unable to.

·
Registered
367 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
those are 255/60's on the rear fronts are little to small they were 205/ 60's

1 - 12 of 12 Posts