TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know im gonna get harrassed. but i know some guys wanna see these...

I really dont want to start another I hate big rims thread.

picked these up tonight. 22" TIS 07 wheels.

Let me know what you guys think, try and keep it civil...lol

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
All I can say is DAMN!!!! Those are seriously tucked under there...I think it looks pretty good. I wouldn't personally go that route on my bird, but like I said, not too shabby looking!

·
One And Only!
1,712 Posts
INSANE!!!
i was looking at those in 20's too

what happened to your old rims?
Do you still have them? If you do and want to sell em PM me;)

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
DAMN dude... They don't rub?!?! Does are some big *** rims..

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rims

22x8.5

245/30/22

there are no springs. car is bagged.

and old rims were sold to pay for the 22s. sold the 20s for the same price as the 22s

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
pulled it off

havn't pulled it off yet. that pic was only a test fit. still waiting to get all 4 on. and to mount them on the car requires some "modification" to the spindle... at least in the front. ill post better pics when they are all on

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
turning

usually to turn i just turn the steering wheel to the left or right. works out pretty good for me

I do not drive the car that low, i raise it when im driving... well i raise the front, and slam the back... lol

car turns lock to lock with the 22 on there, without issues

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the wheels are 22x8.5 with a fwd offset. they are no wider than my 20s. and my 20s had no issue either. oh, i dont have those plastic inner fenders, took them out when i bagged the car.

why is it so hard to beleive?

·
Registered
159 Posts
the wheels are 22x8.5 with a fwd offset. they are no wider than my 20s. and my 20s had no issue either. oh, i dont have those plastic inner fenders, took them out when i bagged the car.

why is it so hard to beleive?
It's just hard to believe there is enough room for lock to lock and no issues,, not saying anything is wrong with your statement, I even went out and looked at my bird and it does not look like there is that much room.. Without the water shields I guess it could happen though.. Do you have any trouble with water on rainy days?

You will have to forgive me, I just like stock... Sorry

·
Registered
974 Posts
Well at least it's bagged and not a "donk" set up.

Hell i like it. it's different, and some people here are having a hard time believing that it doesn't rub. If your causing that much controversy your probably doing something worth mentioning. *thumbs up

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Whatever you do...don't leave rusty calipers and brake rotors in there. It seems that most low riden birds have all this money into shiny dubs and leave the rusty brakes in the wheel-well. Chrome + Rust = Goofy $#!+

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well first, to address the rubbing issue. I didnt mean to sound like i had attitude... There is not alot of room at all... in fact i am within a 1/4" of rubbing at full turn. and i dont drive the car on rainy days, so i havn't noticed a problem not having my splash guards in ...lol and hey, nothing wrong with stock. not my cup of tea, but i respect a good clean stock car as much as any modified one.

and as far as brakes im gonna be doing the mustang brake conversion in the near future. put something alot bigger up front. someone sudgeststed pbr 13" rotors up front...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts