TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody using this tire size?? I have a 97 bird with the stock 15inch "salad shooters" and I want to put white letter BFG Radials on em...but I want wider than stock. I know a 225/70 15 is about a half an inch taller but I was just wondering if anyone else uses this size and if there are any clearance issues? I was told by 2 different shops today (NTB and Merchants) that a 245/60 15 will not mount.

Thanks
Chad

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
245/60 15's on the stock 15 x 6.5 wheels?

By any chance do you have any pictures?

Cuz I want BFG Radials in that size if they fit.

Thanks alot
Chad

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok sorry i just saw your link to your gallery.

First of all....dude, your car is sick! VERY nice!

Second of all...how wide are the wheels on there? Are they a 6.5'' wide wheel just like the stock ones?

·
Registered
658 Posts
excellnt. thanks man.

Did you have trouble finding a shop that would mount them?
Yeah i had a tire shop that said the manufacturer only recommended the 245 on a 7 inch rim so they wouldnt do it so i bought them online Jegs and had my mechanic shop do it for me. I forgot about that untill you mentioned it which is why they said they don't fit must be a liability thing. If it comes down to that im sure they would do the 235/60 which is recommended for a 6.5 rim. They look good too.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,814 Posts
245/60SR/15 7.5 work great , Just not much{NO} traction under boost or up to it for that matter :rolleyes:

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,814 Posts
No problems at all for the shop up in Philly PA:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts