TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Try cardomain. I know youre looking for a t-bird but I found a cougar on there with some 22's, btw it didn't look right. Just my opinion though. Plus 22's would be too much of a hassle considering hacking the surrounding's of the wheel, and it rubbing when you turn,$$$, bumpy roads etc.

·
leet sauce
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no idea about tires
i say bigger is better when it comes with tires
i know theyr expensive and not worth it but defintaly would like to have an option to do so
im not sure if 22's fit without rubbing and hacking the surrounding's of the wheel
sounds like that will be a must so maybe not such a good idea :s

·
Registered
373 Posts
Basically, you would have to modify alot and upgrade on suspension. Oh and dont forget the expensive low pros. The bigger the tire the more $$$.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
can we get a pic of that bird on 24's when it's done? i'd really like to see how that looks

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
A 22" wheel would leave less than 2.5" of sidewall for you if trying to keep the stock Thunderbird diameter. If you're trying to change the diameter that drastically like those jacked impalas... may God have mercy on your soul.

-Joel

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
eg0r... it could be done, you'll need to go with a 0mm offset and possibly a wheel spacer but its possible, i have a friend of mine that has a 96 bird he's putting 24s on
0 offset and a spacer? Do they make 3 inch wide 22 inch wheels?

a 245/30/22 is taller, and a larger circumference than 225/60/16 (and 215/70/15) and has a sidewall height of 2.8 inches!

There are a number of Thunderbirds rolling on 20s where I live, and they look fine. They look like they survive with stock ride height. I looked at one up close and it was running 255/35/20 tires. Not much sidewall, but more than 3 inches (I think 3.6 inches)

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
no larger than 18 inch please , thank you !

·
Registered
5 Posts
well kids, i hate to say it but i have a 94 Tbird on 22'' wheels.... i have completely stock suspension and have ZERO rubbing issues.. i have Hankook 245/30/zr22 tires... i had 20s be4 but hated the gap between the wheel well and the tire so i had to go bigger on the rims. oh the key to running a 22'' wheel on our cars is you have to go with a 22x8 wheel since our car has a fwd offset, you cant run a wider wheel without it lookin like ****... any questions, ask. i have pics but dunno how to post them on the thread...

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Send me pics and I'll host em so we can see them.

I'm curious. bunltd @ bunltd.com

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Ok, first off, you should have lowered the car to get rid of the gap. Not increase your overall diameter. Now you have 4x4 clearence and truck wheels. Congrats, I bet it looks great. :rolleyes: What did you do to correct your speedo and odo?

(Now is the time how you spout off about how TCCoA sucks, and we're a bunch of player haters, and you'll never come back cause we're all retards)

-Joel

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Ok, first off, you should have lowered the car to get rid of the gap. Not increase your overall diameter. Now you have 4x4 clearence and truck wheels. Congrats, I bet it looks great. :rolleyes: What did you do to correct your speedo and odo?

(Now is the time how you spout off about how TCCoA sucks, and we're a bunch of player haters, and you'll never come back cause we're all retards)

-Joel
i agree. im a player hater also. now, if you will excuse me, ill go condition the leather interior of my $34k pickup and clean the dirt off the factory installed 20 inch rims.

·
SuperNewbie
2,869 Posts
cudaz101 is the wheel guy on the forum. send him a message, im sure has something cool in stock or can tell you what will and wont work. Real good guy too.

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
i agree. im a player hater also. now, if you will excuse me, ill go condition the leather interior of my $34k pickup and clean the dirt off the factory installed 20 inch rims.
Haha, yours is actually a 4x4 though.

I'm not all against big rims on our cars, I have even thought about 20's... but it's something thats hard to pull off. I've seen 20's that look good I've seen 20's that look bad... but I've NEVER seen 22's look good on a bird. Period. The size isnt made for our cars to handle. To each their own though.

And I would put money on it that Brad (Cudaz101) wouldn't recommend a 22" wheel for our cars.

-Joel

1 - 20 of 94 Posts