Registered
182 Posts
22s

actually the wheels dont camber much at all

·
Registered
182 Posts
camber

when i put my 20s on my bird, it wasnt bagged. it was lowered 1.5" (so not lifted) and hardlycambered. now that its bagged it cambers like mad..lol, im just saying, i didnt have to lift my car or make it camber to fit my wheels.

·
Hittin' Switches
1,484 Posts
when i put my 20s on my bird, it wasnt bagged. it was lowered 1.5" (so not lifted) and hardlycambered. now that its bagged it cambers like mad..lol, im just saying, i didnt have to lift my car or make it camber to fit my wheels.
oh ya, when its just lowered camber isnt an issue unless your trying to make it one for no reason. but bagged, camber is alllllllllll over the place.

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
Putting wheels on a car doesnt change camber at all.

The lower the car goes, the more negative the camber becomes .. which is actually good because it tucks the wheels into the wells. A little negative camber can be better for agressive handling. And its not like these bagged or juiced cars are driven when slammed either.

Previous owner had 22's on the 1991 Tbird I just bought .. They may or may not have had the correct offset, he needed to use spacers / lug adapters because they were "universal" wheels, so he put spacers in the springs to make it a little stiffer so the wheels wouldnt rub on the wells .. removed the wheel wells, and cut away part of the fender. That was with stock height .. so it isnt necessary to "raise" the car if the wheels are made to fit the car.

I dont know why everybody has to voice their opinion when the subject comes up.

- Dan

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
19,044 Posts
ok, let me explain my previous statement...

when i was talking about camber being way off i wasnt talking about bolting up wheels with the stock suspension, i was refering to LOWERING the car with 22's. ;) which pretty much requires bagging it with alot of negative camber to tuck the wheels.

...also using spacers, lug adapters, cutting the fender and putting spacers in the springs doesnt sound like they fit to me, in fact it sounds dangerous and half ***ed.

·
Registered
182 Posts
driven when slammed

lol, who said bagged/juiced cars arn't drivin when slammed? lol

last local meet we had i was cruising down the highway slammed when one of my relays crapped out for my compressor... so i couldnt corner. good thing we got that fixed real quick with a jumper wire...lol

i drive mine slammed everywhere.

anyways, lets just put it to rest. some of us like big wheels, some dont. nuff said.

·
Hittin' Switches
1,484 Posts
i drive mine slammed everywhere.

anyways, lets just put it to rest. some of us like big wheels, some dont. nuff said.
exactly, if you dont like huge wheels and slammed on the ground... ok with me.

sometimes if im driving down a straight road, like in town with alot of redlights, ill just drive with my car half a inch off the ground. only thing is with it that low, the camber makes the top of the wheels come in, and they rub if im not careful, ive had a couple tires ruined that way though.

which thats pretty cool and all, but if i go to turn, i have to jack the front up so the wheels dont hit the fenders when i steer.

PJ-- you ever drive with the front maxed and the back as low as itll go? haha...

·
Registered
182 Posts
car

hells yeah man, i drag that **** all the time. especially at night on long dark roads...

i put some steel blocks under my rear bodymounts to drag on...

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
lol, who said bagged/juiced cars arn't drivin when slammed? lol
Slammed is usually Fully laid out on the ground. ;) If its not slammed, its just lowered.

Dont you have Mark 8 front struts PJ ? They wont go all the way to the ground when they are fully deflated, unless you have some small wheels / tires, and / or modify the strut and shock tower. Hmmm. :D

Yeah Ive built a few Baggedbirds.

- Dan

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have never had anyone ask me about a 22" setup and have never looked into it on my own either. I do like the 22's on the Dodge Magnum & Chargers though. They look perfect on some cars and not so correct on others. But that is my own perception and opinion.

I don't see the significance of all the negative posts. This happens anytime someone wants to do something in a 20" wheel or above. A few of us could take a lesson is just keeping our negative feedback & opinions to ourselves. It clutters up the initiators thread and does nothing posative as a result except maybe bumping up your post counts, which I notice some are crazy high yet have only been a member for a year or less???

If anyone ever needs help with a wheel setup please feel free to contact me regardless of where you are purchasing your wheels or what sizes you have in mind. I am willing to help out any way I can. Joel can attest that we have had over 100 messages or so at zero profit to me...haha...I am pretty sure he learned a few things as well. I might come off a bit harsh, but only if I have to repeat myself...;)

Cheers Fellas,

Brad

Brad,

What's the word on these in 20's for our cars?

A.J.

·
Hittin' Switches
1,484 Posts
Slammed is usually Fully laid out on the ground. ;) If its not slammed, its just lowered.

- Dan
its impossible to drive with the car completly lowered, my exhaust piping and mufflers sit on the ground. ..... but, on the other hand, i can tap it up to where it litterally has half an inch of ground clearance, and drive... as long as its straight, you cant turn with the front wheels tucked 4 inches into the fender.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
this is a trend i wish would just die , anything larger than 18 is too much on a passenger car, period , trucks 20-22 is cool depending on the size of said truck . other than that forget it .

·
Hittin' Switches
1,484 Posts
this is a trend i wish would just die , anything larger than 18 is too much on a passenger car, period , trucks 20-22 is cool depending on the size of said truck . other than that forget it .
haha. or so you say at least.

i wish the trend of small wheels would die. anything smaller than 19-20 on a passanger car is just too little, period. trucks, 24-26 is cool depending on size of said truck. other than that forget it.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
haha. or so you say at least.

i wish the trend of small wheels would die. anything smaller than 19-20 on a passanger car is just too little, period. trucks, 24-26 is cool depending on size of said truck. other than that forget it.
thats the second most ignorant statement ive read all day. Do you wanna buy tires for us?

·
Hittin' Switches
1,484 Posts
BTW, my car has little 17s, but handles better than your ride.
lol, no one ever debated that smaller wheels dont ride better. they ride a hell of a lot better.

you drive your car alot more than i drive mine. mine sits in the garage untill i want to go cruise around town for a couple hours once every few weeks, or go up the road to get some groceries. i dont care if it dosnt ride as smooth as it could, i like the way it looks and thats what those huge wheels are for.

no one buys big wheels expecting to get a ride comfort increase. that would be stupid.

and what i was saying about "i wish the small wheel....." i was messin around with what he said.

61 - 80 of 96 Posts