81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,173 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
irony...

so, after all this arguing back and forth about what wheels are best, i log on this morning to find a picture of a cougar on 20's on THE FRONT PAGE OF THE SITE!!!!!

now thats irony

the one place i have found to be least accepting of big wheels on their cars has one representing the ENTIRE WEBSITE!!!!

cudos tccoa for taking a step to recognize the fact that everyone has DIFFERENT TASTE!!! and all should be accepted equally.

thats all i have to say about THAT!

hehehehe

·
Hittin' Switches
1,484 Posts
so, after all this arguing back and forth about what wheels are best, i log on this morning to find a picture of a cougar on 20's on THE FRONT PAGE OF THE SITE!!!!!

now thats irony

the one place i have found to be least accepting of big wheels on their cars has one representing the ENTIRE WEBSITE!!!!

cudos tccoa for taking a step to recognize the fact that everyone has DIFFERENT TASTE!!! and all should be accepted equally.

thats all i have to say about THAT!

hehehehe
haha, dude, ive been on the front page 4 times this year

·
Registered
987 Posts
PJ...There are always going to be purists & post whores. Ya see the same stuff clear across the internet so try not to take any of it personal.

Brad

·
Registered
182 Posts
brad, that is a very good point.

on a seperat note, can you get me a price on some DUB dirty dogs in our bolt pattern? 22s of course. and they need to tuck real nice :D

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
haha. or so you say at least.

i wish the trend of small wheels would die. anything smaller than 19-20 on a passanger car is just too little, period. trucks, 24-26 is cool depending on size of said truck. other than that forget it.
no musto its not, its a ride quality , cost effectiveness/ longevity issue and insurance issue . and its also a serviceabilty issue . your not in the auto industry i cant make you understand. mam that curb you just nailed is going to cost you 1000. WHAT! get the drift?

·
Hittin' Switches
1,484 Posts
no musto its not, its a ride quality , cost effectiveness/ longevity issue and insurance issue . and its also a serviceabilty issue . your not in the auto industry i cant make you understand. mam that curb you just nailed is going to cost you 1000. WHAT! get the drift?

yeah, for some people. thats why this whole thing is crazy. if you dont want to get 20" rims, dont get them. obviousally a 3000+ wheel set, + tires is going to be expensive if you mess it up. just like a 6000 paintjob costs 1500 bucks when you scrape your front bumper all the hell up from riding too low.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
no musto (90)% of people dont want or need that for a dd car or someone who thinks as a car as a appliance. we are talking everyday cars here, not cars people care about . so you want manufactuers to put these kinds of wheels on stock? you are so wrong .let see what you insurance man thinks of those wheels and when they get damaged or stolen

·
Hittin' Switches
1,484 Posts
no musto (90)% of people dont want or need that for a dd car or someone who thinks as a car as a appliance. we are talking everyday cars here, not cars people care about . so you want manufactuers to put these kinds of wheels on stock? you are so wrong .let see what you insurance man thinks of those wheels and when they get damaged or stolen

were talking about 2 diffrent things...

i wouldnt have humongous wheels on my DD, nor do i have anything else i have on my thunderbird...aside from audio.

when i said the phrase "im tired of the small wheel fad....." i was mimicing the guy who said "i wish the big wheel fad would die...." i wasnt being serious.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
its two fold though thats what your not getting, people that buy these wheels think they can go on a dd car with no issues . ok if its not a dd to each and everyones own taste fine, i thik its dumb, you have to overcompensate for the larger roatign mass and make sure the car can handle it, thats why i hate these huge a.s.s dumb lookign 24 and larger on a car that should realisticly have 17-20s on it

·
Registered
1 Posts
well kids, i hate to say it but i have a 94 Tbird on 22'' wheels.... i have completely stock suspension and have ZERO rubbing issues.. i have Hankook 245/30/zr22 tires... i had 20s be4 but hated the gap between the wheel well and the tire so i had to go bigger on the rims. oh the key to running a 22'' wheel on our cars is you have to go with a 22x8 wheel since our car has a fwd offset, you cant run a wider wheel without it lookin like ****... any questions, ask. i have pics but dunno how to post them on the thread...
Man i have a 96 thunderbird and I’m having rubbing issues. You say 22x8 equals no rub?

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
19,013 Posts
It’s all in the offset. If you have a 22x8 with 0 offset it will rub the fender, if you have a 22x8 with +55mm offset it’ll rub the spindle. Wheel diameter makes absolutely no difference in clearance if the tire height is still in the right range

81 - 96 of 96 Posts