TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 245-60-15 all around right now. in the rain, it is getting difficult to get traction to the rear tires. the middle is worn more than the sides. anyhow, any adverse effects of moving 2 front tires to rear and putting 235-60-15 on front. i know i won't be able to rotate, but i can deal with that as i have winter tires anyways. eventually i will be replacing the front ones anyways, but can only do what cash allows!!

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nevermind, i decided to go 245 all around again.:rolleyes: can't seem to delete the thread though....moderators??

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Got any good pics of the 245's all around? I'm going to be getting some in May, (If I don't get the 97 Sport I'm lookin at).

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Panamah_red said:
If the middle is worn more than the sides you may be running too much air pressure. Red

32psi.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Shouldn't you be at 30psi? Or was 32 recommended to you by someone.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
The middle of the tires are likely worn more than the edges, because 245-60 tires really shouldn't be on 6-1/2" wide wheels (I'm assuming that you have stock wheels). A quick look on Tire Rack's website for some specs, shows at least 3 brands (BFG, Dunlop, and Yokohama) all showing a minimum rim width of 7" for a 245-60-15 tire. I know this has been talked about before, and other people have 245 tires on their stock wheels, but that doesn't mean it's the proper way.

245 width tires should be fine in the wet if they're good quality, mounted on the proper size wheels, and have sufficient tread depth. Just ask anybody who has tried to keep up with me in the rain on my 255 width tires. ;)

cheers,
Ed N.

·
Registered
635 Posts
i have some sport wheels on my 97 sport. whats the widest width i can go? i was thinking about saving up and getting some nittos. I have HORRIBLE traction problems. plus the tires i have are worn out to death.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts