TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be soon buying a set of Cobra replicas with nearly-shot 255/45/17 tires on them. I have a line on 245/45/17s. Would these make an okay replacement? I've run it through a tire size calculator, the difference seems to be negligible. Does anyone have any experience (or even better, pictures!) running 245/45/17s on a Bird?

Oh, it may be important - I've got a stock '97 T-bird Sport. Not lowered or anything.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, it'll be even smaller than the stock 225/60/16s I have now.

Does anyone have pictures of 245/45/17s on a non-lowered Bird for comparison's sake?

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I warn you, the following picture may cause involuntary spasms.

Not too proud of that look, not many pictures of it until I lowered it. Still not real good since these cars have huge wheelwells, both high and front to back. I want to dump the 17s and get 18s but the wife won't let me, so I guess that money goes towards an aluminum PI engine or DOHC.

Same car lowered, don't do 245/45/17!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, wow. Looks like I'll have to either get bigger tires or drop the car. I can't really afford either at the moment. Maybe my wheel plans will have to go on hold for a while?

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
my car had 225/60-15s on it when I bought it. even a bit shorter than a 245/45-17. Literally 4" of fender gap. Yum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts