TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need new rear tires. I wanted to go with something wider on the back and keep the stock size on the front. Will this cause problems? I like the way the wider tires look on the back of the car, but my front tires are practically brand new and the rears are just about worn to the rim. Thanks for any input guys.

Preston

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to this thread, a lot of guys have that size tire on their cars with the stock rims.

Preston

·
Banned
538 Posts
Hey P they will fit. Ask ANDYR

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
and again I state,

245's are the widest to be safely fitted on a 6.5 inch stock rim.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know that they'll fit:) but does anybody think it will look weird/be a problem?

Preston

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
naaa, they look fine, AndyR has them on his, looks good.

·
Registered
100 Posts
8ate8 said:
aren't the stock rims 6.5" wide? 245s definetely won't fit on that.

Why not? I have them all the way around on my '90 and '95, BFG Radial T/A 245/60/15. :D (got about 25k miles on them with the '90, so they stay on there, too. ;) ) Both times at the tire shop I heard, "Oh, that won't fit, and if it does, it will rub alot" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
100 Posts
SmallTownBird said:
I know that they'll fit:) but does anybody think it will look weird/be a problem?

Preston
No rubs at all, and they look awesome! :D I will have to grab some pics soon. ;)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Office Space

Dig that Avatar,

YYYYaaahhh:uppoint:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Re: Office Space

I guess no one else got that memo.... :rofl:

Fuel man said:
Dig that Avatar,

YYYYaaahhh:uppoint:

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
most places prefer not the deviate from stock size because if they put on too big a tire they could be liable for damages. tirerack didn't want to sell me 225/60-15 for my taurus that the stock size on a year later is 225/50-16 :rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts