TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
They are the same. 4.6 and 5.0's use the same style injectors as well.

Joe

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
yup

Joe

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
No prob

Joe

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Au contraire Joe, I beg to disagree... there are lotsa different 'jectors out there... specifically the stock 19# jectors on T-Birds are a sprayer plate type,,, there are lotsa ford 24# pintle type 'jectors sold as the 93 5.0 cobra injector, but not as good as (IMHO) the sprayer plate type that are available also, but you gotta find them first . the reason I think the sprayer plate is better, is the stream gets better atomization , with less unbroken droplets of gasoline... also it might be a good idea to try to have the impedance kinda-sorta match the 'jector you are trying to replace... in other words I suspect a high impedance injector might not work as well on a low or mediun impedance application, or visa versa? there is a website of a firm in Ca that sells matched flow injector sets(also a great idea for only a few bucks more, go figure)... and has allsorts of applications. which could be of help to you their website has 5.0 in the address, do a search you wont regret it...

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Leland Jacobson said:
Au contraire Joe, I beg to disagree... there are lotsa different 'jectors out there... specifically the stock 19# jectors on T-Birds are a sprayer plate type,,, there are lotsa ford 24# pintle type 'jectors sold as the 93 5.0 cobra injector, but not as good as (IMHO) the sprayer plate type that are available also, but you gotta find them first . the reason I think the sprayer plate is better, is the stream gets better atomization , with less unbroken droplets of gasoline... also it might be a good idea to try to have the impedance kinda-sorta match the 'jector you are trying to replace... in other words I suspect a high impedance injector might not work as well on a low or mediun impedance application, or visa versa? there is a website of a firm in Ca that sells matched flow injector sets(also a great idea for only a few bucks more, go figure)... and has allsorts of applications. which could be of help to you their website has 5.0 in the address, do a search you wont regret it...
I know there are different spray patterns for the injectors, just didn't know what the exact differences were/are. I guess I was simply stating that with frpp injectors in mind. Guess I should have mentioned that. But generally speaking, you could take a set of 24# injectors that I would happen to be using on my SOHC 4.6 and if I were to swap in a DOHC 4.6 or a 5.4, I would be able to reuse the 24# injectors that I had been using in my SOHC motor. In a nutshell, I guess that's what I should have stated before. But also good info there too Leland.

Joe

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
OK, I checked the site out... its; www.fiveomotorsports.com
and you need to check out the entire site, and possibly ask if your app will work, as theres a couple different shapes of connectors available , but you dont wanna be spending xtra to match connectore to solder into your harness... the info and expertise is there, you just gotta use it... personally I'm useing the 42# lightning sprayer plate green tops ....;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts