TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would I stand to gain anything from 24lb injectors on a 4.6 bored 0.20" over with 90MM LMAF, inject tech chip, and ported heads in the near future? I wouldn't have to change the tune would I? Would these injectors cause me any problems w/o the ported heads? Thanks
-Rob

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,116 Posts
Changing injector size requires a reburn! I would do the heads and injectors at the same time to get out of an extra reburn if it were me.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you think if I did them at the same time, I wouldn't need a reburn? I always thought they just dumped whatever they dumped while open (depending on pressure) and the EEC changed the size of the pulse width. So with stock pulse widths, it would be dumping 5lb more/hr of gas. Is this accurate? I'm jsut curious
-Rob

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,116 Posts
You are going to need a reburn when you do the heads, so if you do the injectors at the same time, you can get that burned as well. Otherwise you need a reburn when you the injectors and a reburn when you do the heads.

I am not sure exactly how fuel injectors work, so that I won't answer. I know for them to work properly the EEC needs to know what size they are, that is why you need the reburn.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But I'm not going to reburn my chip when I get the new heads installed. That's why I was curious if the 24lbers were cool with no burn. I think the car will run just fine with ported heads an inject tech burned for '94 bird with 90MM LMAF that is otherwise basically stock. Granted, my engine wouldnt be at its full potential without a new reburn, but that costs wayyyy too much in my opinion. I bought this chip+LMAF used, and for some reason I doubt Jerry would give me the "reburn" price. I could drive to Houston (if theres someone there who burns) to get a dyno tune, if it wasn't out of my price range.
-Rob

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Simple answer you can NOT change the size of your injectors or change your MAF without a reburn of the chip. Think of it logically.......(this is just an example the numbers aren't real) the EEC is programmed to deliver a certain amount of fuel based on holding the injector open for a certain amount of time. Lets say a 19# injector delivers .05ml when open for 5 ms if you change to 24# injectors the EEC still thinks it has 19# injectors so when you hold a 24# injector open for 5 ms it is going to deliver .075ml and your car is going to be running way rich.

Bad Juju

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok cool, I just thought the heads might kinda make up for it. Thanks
-Rob

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe rather than injectors, I should look into an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. Will one from a 5.0 fit?
-Rob

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
That won't work either. The EEC will eventually learn the increase from the regulator and factor it out. If you are talking about swapping on ported heads then the extra $250-300 necesary for a chip compared to the $1500 + the heads are going to cost you is a minor expense. If you want budget results then buy a complete PI motor like and 02 explorer or mustang. My entire swap was $1500 with a fresh bottom end.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts