TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I recently read an article on aerocats.net, stating that my car, a 1992 Mercury Cougar 25th anniversary, is a unit of some 5,000 made. Seeing as this is a bit of interesting and exciting news, I was wondering if there was a way to look up the build number, and see what ?/5000 mine is. Anyone know how to do this?

Tom; MN12/FN10 chassis

·
Super Moderator
9,175 Posts
You can determine the sequence number of your vehicle looking at the VIN. The last six is the sequence number. IIRC T-birds started with 100001 and Cougars started at 500001. The build date can be decoded using the radiator core support tag; at the top corner under the paint code the build month and day will be stamped. Inside the driver's door jamb the build year and month will be listed on the VIN tag. For example the last 6 of my 97's VIN is 104439. It was the 4,439th '97 to roll of the line, and did so on July 26, 1996. My fiancee's dad also has a 97, the sequence number of which is 100126 so his was the 126th '97 made. His rolled off the line (IIRC) on July 23, 1996.

Sorry, my memory is a little rusty on the details. I'll double check the dates when I get home and can look at the tags.

You can also get a "deluxe build sheet" from these guys.

Here are some pics of original build sheets and those available from the above reseller... http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=142240

1 - 2 of 2 Posts