TCCoA Forums banner

275/40/17

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  91bluecoupe 
#1 ·
What offset and wheel width is needed to run 275/40/17's all around? I'm not looking to rub rear fenders/quarters and I'm not looking to run a spacer or grind the spindle on the front. I already hacked off the excess/overhang from the upper control arm ball joints to run 255/50/17's on a 17x7 40mm offset wheel but I'm considering a rim upgrade since I'll need wider rims to suit 275/40/17's.

Thanks,
Chris

#2 ·
I have them on my car. I have the 98 Cobra rims and SN95 hub swap.

#3 ·
Doesn't that put the rear tires outside of the fenders? Do you have a side shot showing the wheel and profile viewed from directly behind the car? What about the fronts? Do the fronts clear the spindle and not stick out past the fender? What width and offset are the 98 cobra rims? Are they original ford factory cobra take offs or reproductions? Sorry for all of the questions I'm just trying to make sure I get this right the first time, otherwise this could be an expensive mistake. Like I said I'm trying to run these on all four corners, I know it can be done. I just don't remember the handful of people who are using them on all 4 corners.

#4 ·
Ford stock Cobra 1998.

Do not stick out past fender.

Clear everything on all 4 corners.

Rims are 17X9 offset???

#6 ·
I was sure I read 17X9 inside of the rim before I had the tires put on oh we'll. Hummm....

But did find this info.

17" x 8" cast aluminum Wheel
5 lug, 4.50" bolt circle, 5.72" backspacing
Clears 13" brakes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.