TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this converter from a guy on here named scman. I never installed it or did anything with it for that matter because i got another one. I was told that this converter was installed but never used. It was built by Circle D in Houston Texas, has a mach 1 core and a 2800 stall. The receipt that i have shows that it was purchased for a little over $600 and i have pics. Im asking $200 obo

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Does this have a drain plug?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it does not

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
What size is the converter and what bolt pattern?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump, Shoot me an offer

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Bump to the top. :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PM sent

·
Registered
536 Posts
I bought this converter from a guy on here named scman. I never installed it or did anything with it for that matter because i got another one. I was told that this converter was installed but never used. It was built by Circle D in Houston Texas, has a mach 1 core and a 2800 stall. The receipt that i have shows that it was purchased for a little over $600 and i have pics. Im asking $200 obo
Wow. A Circle D converter for $200!! This is the best bargain I have seen since... I don't know when. Circle D are the best converters you can buy.

Mitch

·
Banned
998 Posts
DirtyDog is this TC any good? How does it compare to yours? Thanks

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
If it helps someone, I talked to Chris from Circle D over the phone and in e-mail when I was looking at it..

AODE right? If so it should work and even fit the OE flex-plate. It is an 11" ~2800 stall. Should be a nice converter for your setup.

Chris

On Sep 20, 2010, at 8:40 PM, James Piper wrote:

> Contact Us was submitted with the following information:
>
> Name: James Piper
> Email:
> Phone: 734-743-1005
> Contact Preference: Both
> Favorite Forum: http://www.tccoa.com
> Forum User Name: CometGSR
>
> Subject: 4R70W Ford Thunderbird Converter
>
> Message:
> I am purchasing a new converter that was never used. Before I purchase, I want to make sure that I am buying a converter that will fit my 1995 Ford Thunderbird. It is a 2800 Stall and Mach 1 core. This unit has passed 2 hands without being used, so I wanted to see what you think. Maybe there is a way to know how it was built? My Thunderbird has a stock engine, 3.73 trac-lok rear, SCT tuned and I have replaced just about everything on it. Mechanically, she is 100% perfect. I have some pics of the converter, hopefully it will help. http://www.fordthunderbird.net/1/1.jpg http://www.fordthunderbird.net/1/2.jpg http://www.fordthunderbird.net/1/3.jpg http://www.fordthunderbird.net/1/4.jpg I hope we can finally put this converter to use! Feel free to call me or reply as an e-mail. Thanks! James
This guy is top notch, he was very honest and seemed like he wanted to help. I couldn't make the shipping work and find a garage to install it for me, which is why I passed. Both Alan and Chris are some of the best parts sellers I have worked with. They don't mind the 100 e-mails as I ask questions to get information. Thumbs up for both!

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
DirtyDog is this TC any good? How does it compare to yours? Thanks
I really don't want to get into what I think here. I can tell you that I'm confident it shouldn't cause any serious problems and should be a reliable unit. Reading through some of my old threads you will find some things that I disapprove of other companies doing with a reason for it. I definately do things differently and have done the testing to know why.
Alan

·
Banned
998 Posts
Thanks dirtydog I understand not wanting to give to much detail I was just wanting an over all opinion. I am on a tight budget or I would buy one of yours.

I may buy this one next week will have to see after bills are payed.

Thanks

·
Banned
998 Posts
The Coop08.

PM SENT.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
If it helps someone, I talked to Chris from Circle D over the phone and in e-mail when I was looking at it..

This guy is top notch, he was very honest and seemed like he wanted to help. I couldn't make the shipping work and find a garage to install it for me, which is why I passed. Both Alan and Chris are some of the best parts sellers I have worked with. They don't mind the 100 e-mails as I ask questions to get information. Thumbs up for both!
I can tell you that unit uses a stock 12 inch front cover, keep it under 5400 rpm and you can use your stock flexplate, unlike most that require the smaller pattern flexplate.
Alan

·
Banned
998 Posts
Stall Converter........SOLD!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts