TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tranny went and I found a low K 2000 GT tranny for $1000CDN at a junk yard.
I just want to make sure I have all this info right from here.

I will need a flexplate to match the TC.

I will need to re-wire the harness to the transmition with the new diagrams.

I need to change the TCC??? Not sure on this one! This is a soloniod in the VB and I have to use the older one? How new could the TCC be or should I just reuse my 95 TCC?

I'm not sure about this one either, but the speedo gear?? My car has 3.27s and I don't care if the speedo is off if it's only by a little either way.

Anyway, looks like I gotta do this. Does $1000CDN seem good for a 2K GT tranny with 39,000 KM on it?

Thanks,

Jake

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Yes, you need to change your TCC. You can either re-use the one from your old transmission, or get a new one for your '95. You will need to change the spedo gear, or your speed and mileage will be off (over). You don't want the odometer to say you have more miles on the car than you actually do. I don't know what color gear you need, but I think, IIRC, I needed the orange gear for my 3.08's.

·
8,239 Posts
tcc solinoid from the old car needs to be installed in the new tranny. You need to modify it a bit to make it fit.

MLPS sensor from old car needs to be installed in the new tranny.

need the mn12 trans mount

need to repin the connector

also you need to figure out a way to get the speedo correct.

JH

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
can someone explain the "modifying" the old TCC to fit into new trans?? Trim the harness??

Do You need to open the VB to chage the TCC?? Or is it only under the pan??

Otherwise, it all makes sense!

About the speedo, how bad would it really be?? I already have smaller tires than stock so I'm sure its already off a whee bit!

Jake

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
read my article in the wip forum.

and with out swapping a speedo gear when swapping in a mustang tranny, your speedo will be ~14.3% off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts