TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
TCCoA Bachelor Club Pres.
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just perused the Tuesday USA today, Jan 14, and isn't this great news, the new Mustang will use the same rear end underpinnings as you guessed it, the T-BIRD, although it is not the same platform we use, it is still cool to say the new mustang is using T-bird components, and not the other way around. Plus the car looked like the pics from other posts, however it was a hardtop, and it was reminiscent of the GT-350's of the late 60's. It looked great.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
It's not based on the thunderbird. It's based on the DEW98 chassis, which the thunderbird happens to be based on also. Do a search, there was a LONG discussion on the 2005 stang in Misc. I started the thread.

Thunderbird and mustang based on the chassis just doesn't sound right to me. Toss in the Lincoln LS and supposedly the new cougar, and they've got midsize cars covered in one chassis.

The good news is that they have the same bolt pattern as us, and hopefully they give the stang/cougar about 40mm offset. Wheels for us would get cheaper, and TONS more options. not to mention possible bolt-on brakes from a cobra.... :ztoohot:

·
TCCoA Bachelor Club Pres.
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now that would be cool, new mustang wheels on a MN12, also included on that platform is the Jag S-type. Plus, bigger brakes is MUCH better.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I'm not sure but I think the S197 still use's 4.5 bolt pattern. I will check on this

·
Registered
23 Posts
No kidding.. I'm starting to save up the $$ right now to get one of those 2005 mustangs. Although, I'll be interested to see what the Cobra costs. Hopefully gas/oil prices don't go through the roof before then. :cool:

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Im starting to like the style of the new stang more and more each time i see it. I just dont like the interior. Retro interior... Yuk!

-Shawn

1 - 10 of 10 Posts