TCCoA Forums banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
SuperNewbie
1995 Thunderbird LX Missing 4.6 MIssing Trans Red
4,589 Posts
It was such a cool build, then there were issues, Then it got badly overheated and basically destroyed. It got sold off for 5 g's. IDK what it sold for, but no one ever got it running after that.
Wonder where it is now. I was mind blown at the time seeing it for sale around 5k considering all the money that was put into it.

·
SuperNewbie
1995 Thunderbird LX Missing 4.6 MIssing Trans Red
4,589 Posts
It was a project car being built since before I joined the forum and was still that when it was sold! I feel gypped frankly I never saw it finished lol Long term non running projects seem like they never get finished as plans just keep escalating and that car might just be the poster child. In my experience done is better than perfect.
I'm definitely in the camp where running is better than non running and done is better than perfect. Let's think back. All of us who have been here for so long have seen over and over a new MN12 owner. Join the site, enthusiactically read tons of posts, and contribute. Then they start making build plans and buying up parts, maybe kooks headers, mark 8 driveshaft and lower arms, or a RichardM tube. Then somehwere along the way they find out that it's too much work for too little reward and they suddenly sell the car and wholesale off all the parts.

Or even worse they strip the car down to nothing so they can do a big restoration, to which the promptly do nothing.

Taking apart a car is one thing. Getting it back together running better or looking better is a whole other thing.

·
Super Moderator
14,211 Posts
Gordon, I totally agree.As much as I hate it, I'm selling off my ****, Due to a stroke, and my Doc Cancelling my license. I spent all night last night trying to figure out how to pull the engine in Lazarus, and fix the piston.I've spent all morning trying to install a heat sink fan. I'm thinking, if I can get the cherry picker unfolded and in place, the rest of the disassembly is all impact tools. :)
Update: I got two nuts on the heatsink before I said f- it and went to bed. Some how, I don't think Lazarus is going to get fixed, lol.

• Helpful
Reactions: supergordo
41 - 45 of 45 Posts