TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Ford Thunderbird LX w/ SC seats, Terminator Cobra rear springs and Koni Shocks
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Anyone have experience with these particular headers, or a similar design of header? I've been researching and it seems that the problem with going turbo with these cars is clearance on the drivers side especially, amongst other things.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Because of the tight fit, these aren't good cars to turbo. That's the reason the high HP MN-12's are supercharged.

Al

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I messed with this when I was younger. I dont remember it well but you take one crown vic manifold, and a Tbird manifold, flip sides. They clear the accessories and the frame rails. Then you just have to weld up your hot side.

Another way that a canadian enthusiast and I though of was to run a cross over to both stock manifolds and then the main pipe come up the passenger side between the motor and frame, and then the turbo is in the bumper.

·
Registered
1995 Ford Thunderbird LX w/ SC seats, Terminator Cobra rear springs and Koni Shocks
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I messed with this when I was younger. I dont remember it well but you take one crown vic manifold, and a Tbird manifold, flip sides. They clear the accessories and the frame rails. Then you just have to weld up your hot side.

Another way that a canadian enthusiast and I though of was to run a cross over to both stock manifolds and then the main pipe come up the passenger side between the motor and frame, and then the turbo is in the bumper.
Good info, thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts