TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So heres the deal. My buddy has a 89 SC 5spd with 3.08 posi or trac lock or whatever. Well he is getting another SC for parts. Well he is going to take the 2.73 out of this other SC and put them in his SC. Well he's gunna give me the 3.08's. Now I have traction assist but is there a difference between that and trac lock? Will this work alright because my T-bird is a 95 LX?

·
5,650 Posts
If you put the diff with the trac-lok in your car, it will work fine. The traction control will never be activated. The difference between the two is that with a trac-lok, both wheels are driven together by the differential. With traction control, only one wheel is driven (because traction control was only available with an open diff) and if the ABS computer detects radically different wheel speeds between the two rear wheels, it will apply the brakes to whichever wheel is spinning faster in an effort to help regain traction. Thus maintaining the traction control functionality with your ABS won't be a problem because both wheels will always spin together and the ABS computer will never think you have lost traction.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts