TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother has a beater 95 corsica with the 3.1 motor in it.

It started dumping coolant on the ground after he shut it off one day. I assumed it was a broken hose and got it jacked up to check it out. As it turns out the part that is leaking is not a heater hose, nor is it a radiator hose. At the back of the motor is this foam tube that isn't connected to anything. It hangs down at the bottom of the car, and there is nothing to connect it to. I assume it is a overflow hose of sorts for something, or it could be a drain so that the heatercore doesn't leak in the car when it cracks, it leaks outside the car.

Anyway, this foam tube is dumping coolant out pretty fast when he shuts off the car.

We are trying to determine if we need to put a waterpump in it, or if we need to put a heatercore in it.

The heat seems good, but we lost control of it, it only blows out the vent now.

The car isn't overheating or anything , just losing coolant.

any tips would be appriciated.

JH

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
The heater core is kaput. That tube is a condensation/overflow drain for the HVAC. It's not TOO big a job (I think it's easier than the Tbird...)

Check out

http://corsica.berettatalk.com

(My home away from TCCoA ;))

·
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. I think its a stuck thermostat now. The upper radiator hose isn't getting hot and I guess its stuck closed and therefore its spitting out that overflow hose.

I'll see if a 7 dollar thermo will fix it?

JH

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Corsicas EAT heatercores alive, of 5 corsicas that my family or friends have owned ALL 5 of them needed the heater cores replaced. Its not TOO difficult, takes about 2 hours to do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts