TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
The Parts Guy
7,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATED 5/7/2021 7PM CST:

Ad: 3/4" DD stub shafts to adapt a steering u-joint in place of the stock rag joint for any MN12 or FN10. $27.50 shipped (continental U.S.) each.

These allow you to replace the stock steering rag joint with an aftermarket u-joint for improved steering input/feedback and to improve exhaust clearance. U-joint is NOT INCLUDED; you will need to purchase a 3/4" DD x 3/4"-36 spline steering u-joint separately. I went with this one, which seems to be of good quality: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087GXPC5W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

PayPal details: PayPal accepted at [email protected]. Please utilize the typical "payment for items or services", as this protects you, the buyer. You will need to select your shipping address from the drop down menu when paying. This allows me to print a shipping label directly through PayPal, which helps keep the unit cost down. These will ship out via USPS, and the tracking information will appear on your PayPal page as soon as the label has been created.

I'll do my best to keep this thread updated with the number remaining, and I'll refund any payments past the 15 units available of course.

·
Super Moderator
11,173 Posts
I put one of the kits dlf used to sell, snd it feels so much better,
Flaming river is really proud of their stuff; their joint is ~$180 by itself.

Reactions: racecougar

·
Administrator
8,664 Posts
Damn, got home too late! 😭

Joe

·
Registered
1996 Cougar 4.6
40 Posts
Very interested in this. What exhaust manifold is that? This would be an excellent upgrade if it allowed some greater variety in exhaust options

·
SuperNewbie
1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6 red
3,160 Posts
I'll take two when you have more.

·
The Parts Guy
7,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll let you guys know when I make more.

Very interested in this. What exhaust manifold is that? This would be an excellent upgrade if it allowed some greater variety in exhaust options
That is a 1-3/4" x 3" Kooks header.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Stub shafts to adapt a steering u-joint in place of the stock rag joint for any MN12 or FN10. Two are already spoken for; two remain available at $25 shipped each.

These allow you to replace the stock steering rag joint with an aftermarket u-joint for improved steering input/feedback and to improve exhaust clearance. U-joint is NOT INCLUDED; you will need to purchase one separately. I went with this one, which seems to be of good quality: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087GXPC5W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

PayPal or Venmo accepted. Message me for details.

View attachment 43355 View attachment 43356
Cant wait! It’ll be a good addition to the restoration

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Sold out in under ten minutes! I'll see about ordering more material and whipping up another batch.
I'll take one when you make another batch.

Reactions: Grog6

·
The Parts Guy
7,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just ordered enough material to make fifteen more. Depending on when it arrives, and my workload this weekend, I may have them ready by Sunday evening.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
10,264 Posts
I should probably get one too, before I regret not having one handy later. :)

·
SuperNewbie
1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6 red
3,160 Posts
I'll prepay now for 2 if you want.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
I’m in for 1.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Rod....if I get this and u-joint that you posted...what mustang headers would you recommend? Kooks is on back order so looking at mustang longtubes. 91 32v bird...eh you probably know of The UnderBird lol

·
Registered
239 Posts
They won’t allow Mustang headers to fit, the shaft geometry remains the same
Damnit lol Guess I will just wait for the Kooks. Awesome mod though!

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'll take 2 if/when available.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts