TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 96 t-bird and i guess u could say my car will magically have the gears swaped but i dont know if i should go with 3.73 or 4.10. i still want to be able to drive the car on freeway ocasionally

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
JR Tigerstar said:
Would the computer need to be re-programmed with 4.10s?
yes

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
according to the 2 step theory it depends on what gears he has now. with 3.08's it will be a 3 step (3.27, 3.50, 3.73) and the computer cant adjust. if he has 3.27's now then he should be gtg (good to go).

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
you had no problems hitting the rev limiter at wot? did you do the j-mod? that worked for me, i put in a PA valvebody and it would shift fast enough not to hit the limiter.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
JR Tigerstar said:
So he could go with the 3.73s and not have the extra expense of getting the computer re-programmed?
My car has no problems with 3.73s, as I too have had the J-mod done. My only problem is that I get to about 90.6mph and I hit the speed limiter. I still have never hit the rev limiter after the gear swap.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my other questions is if i drive it on the freeway at 80 with 4.10 wouldnt it be revin to high and possible break somthing. what will i rev at 80mph with overdrive.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
thunderchicken17 said:
my other questions is if i drive it on the freeway at 80 with 4.10 wouldnt it be revin to high and possible break somthing. what will i rev at 80mph with overdrive.
You won't break anything so don't worry about that. You would be at about 2900 @ 80.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cool 4.10 it is. if i replace the oem module with a jet chip module will that take care of the problem with speed limiter?

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Jet module? you have to be kidding me. please don't suggest that unless you have experience with them. Everyone I know has had nothing but problems from jet modules.
Alan

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
really!? what kind of problems cuz i just ordered mine yesterday!!?

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
A buddy of mine sent his back 5 times before they gave him a refund. 2 of them wouldn't even run, 1 of them wouldn't shift, 1 of them was running pig rich , and I don't remember the problem on the last one. You should have talked to Lonnie.
Alan

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
unless you order a custom chip from them it wont do anything. your best bet is to send it back when you get it and go to blueovalchips.com and order a chip from lonnie.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts