TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i really want to get posi trac 3.73's.....where can i get this and how much? I heard for all parts its like 600 then additional to get them put on...is this correct?

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I put 4.10's and a trac loc in my car. I spent around $400 on parts with some connections. I know a guy that installs gears so it didn't cost me anything. But most shops are going to charge you quite a bit to do it. If you have any local message boards, ask if there is anyone on there that does gear set up and you could problaby have it done for $100. If you are going to take it to a shop, you might as well just buy the pumpkin from FRPP as it ends up about the same price. Might as well get all new stuff.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
See if JustinH has one left, if you got that then it would only be an install job. Plus you get the nifty aluminum case...

·
Registered
437 Posts
GM differential in a Ford rear end?

JLBiRd0024 said:
Ok, so i really want to get posi trac 3.73's.....
Wouldn't a FORD differential work much better, in your FORD differential case? I'm curious why you think a GM Clutch Type, Limited Slip differential will work better than the Ford Trac-Loc?

Curious 68COUGAR

·
Registered
437 Posts
JLBiRd0024 said:
Ok, so i really want to get posi trac 3.73's.....where can i get this and how much?
If your absolutely sure you want an Eaton Posi, Here's the info from a JEGS catalog.

P/N: 362-19605-010, Ford 8.80" axle car/Truck, 1979-up, 28 spline -- $472.99

68COUGAR

·
Registered
56 Posts
JLBiRd0024,
An eaton posi with 3.73 or 4.10 is the way to go. But don' t forget that we have IRS, the listing from 68cougar is for solid rear axles. Extra machining is required. If you do a search I mentioned somewhere before about what I had to do. The little extra cost is well worth it in the end. As for as I remember there is only one other member of the forum that has completed this install. There maybe a few more people now, but I don't think Eaton has completed the modifacion to the unit to make it an off the shelf bolt on.
Some update me if I am incorrect please?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts