TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just purchased a reasonably slick '95 Mustang with a grenaded 3.8 and a 5 speed. For $800 I couldn't go wrong. It will be a $3500 car in a few weeks if my lil' sister doesn't talk me out of it.

The used '95 motors with very high miles are also very expensive...supply and demand. However, the salvage is overloaded with low mile '99 up 3.8's for only $451.00:D

The stang already has coil packs so the lack of a distributer won't affect me. I'm just wondering what else needs changing when going to a split port? Is the splitport almost a direct bolt-in deal?

·
Administrator
8,213 Posts
The engine itself is a bolt in. But you'll need to extend some wiring for a few things, injectors, sensors, etc.

The biggest thing to work on is the fuel rail, the early car has a return system, the newer cars don't. A fuel rail will need to custom made or you could go with a rail off an '01 E-150 or another vehicle that has a return system with the split port heads.

Do a search here, or go over to V6 Power. It's been done plenty of times.

Joe

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link to V6 Power. Good site, just a little disorganized as far as splitport swap info.

It would be nice for someone to make a nice writeup on all the details. The only thing that might cause me probs is the fuel rail. I'd like more details on how to modify the fuel rail.

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
There's a sticky up top about swapping a 4.2 Splitport into a MN-12. I would think that the Stang would be pretty danged close.

V6power is a wealth of info. Once I actually start digging into the 4.2 singleport project I want to do, I'll be hanging out there a bit more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts