TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
one's ford, and the other is GM...?? haha, i would say one's front wheel only (buick) and the ford is not? :zdunno:

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
TBird94,

The Buick uses Iron heads with an iron block. No head creep siiues as the heads and block heat and cool at the same rate.

Our Fords hav aluminum heads. I wish they did aluminum blocks, too.

Oh the Buick relies on a knock sensor.

The Buick and the Ford can be in a RWD or FWD configuration, but the FWD and RWD blocks are not interchangable.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
the Buick is technically a 231ci engine, while the Ford 3.8 is a 232ci. While they both have the same bore (3.8") and stroke (3.4"). Im not sure whats makes up the difference in 1ci but it's just a rounded number anyway, they both have the same CC's, which is 3793cc. The Ford Essex V6 was modeled after the Buick V6 in the early 80's, sadly, because Ford could not produce a v6 fast enough that met the gas mileage standards of the time, which I believe was called the Cologne V6. So they ripped off nearly every aspect of the Buick V6 in a haste to meet new production dates. I believe the only differences to be the bolt patterns of everything. Oil pan, timing cover, head deck, intake manifold, etc etc. You get the idea. I also think the distributor points straight upward, were ours comes out about 45* angle.

-Thomas

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
not necessarily. MM&FF recognized Matt's 9 second mustang in last months issue. Had a 3 page spread.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts