TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 base 3.8 and i wanted to hack odd the muff in the back. i was woundering if it sounds good or what does sound good.

And does anyone have a sound clip of a 3.8 na

·
Registered
178 Posts
From what i've heard from everybody, its sounds good until 2000 rpm. Then sounds a ricey for a little bit. After that, its quiet.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i did the same thing at first on my 94 3.8. My advice is not to do it. Save a little money and get a dynomax or flowmaster exhaust. Ive got the dynomax and it sounds really nice when you step on it and also it has dual stainless steel tips. I did have to go to a junkyard and find the passenger side hanger for the dual exit. hope this helps a little.

GC

·
Registered
484 Posts
I am running everything but the rear muffler. Its not that loud, sitting in the driveway revving it, it doesnt sound ricey at all. but under a load at just under 2K rpm it kind of starts ricing out. I was going to replace it since it rusted off of mine, but now im just going to get a turn down tip and leave it off.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Jay,
That is the only muffler. The first piece is a resonator, not a muffler. Why not replace it with a decent aftermarket piece. Sound should improve as well as flow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts