TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
~~Hello

Is there any street valve to '96 3.8 upper & lower intakes?

Are they better than earlier versions?

Paul

·
5,650 Posts
lol it took me a while to realize what you were trying to say and then I thought "Oh, he must have meant 'street value'."

In 96 the cars got a 5 HP increase but I don't know if that's because of heads, intake, cam, engine or computer. The intake manifold has a different bolt pattern than 95 & lower, but I don't know if there's any internal changes (i.e. runner length/size). I don't think that those manifold are by any means rare so I would think the value would be maybe $75-$125.

·
Registered
431 Posts
As far as I know the increase in power on the 96 and 97's was primarily attributed to the exhaust manifold change.

·
5,650 Posts
JMags said:
As far as I know the increase in power on the 96 and 97's was primarily attributed to the exhaust manifold change.
Very good point. I forgot about that, even though I have those "new" manifolds.

Edit: I've been thinking, and I'm wondering if anyone knows why Ford even changed the heads/intake to accept fewer and smaller bolts. I'm talking about the intake manifold-to-head bolts. Was there any particular reason?

·
Registered
607 Posts
Yes!

.45 per lb aluminum!

In reality, there is no difference other then the finish on the surface. I just scraped several sets. There are just too many around locally in junkyards, that no one wants to pay to ship them.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I've ported several sets and IMO the Pre-96 lowers are better then the 96-98 lower intakes. The 96-98's I've done seem to suffer from core shift alot and leave nasty casting flash in the runners that require alot more work to smooth the flow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts