TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was curious which splitport people use. i was gonna try to adapt this one:

Is it the right one?
what kind of problems besides throttle cables and air tubes will i run into? (i understand i need the lower intake and the heads fo this to work)

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
is that out of a 3.0L contour? lol

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
Looks like a Windstar intake. With that upper intake, you're going to have hood clearance issues. Personally, I'd recommend the Mustang intake, as it will clear the stock hood with little modification.

-Rod

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
sorry.. i cant read it in the first pic u posted.. and it looks like the spi on the contour i had.. so i asked..:(

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry.. i cant read it in the first pic u posted.. and it looks like the spi on the contour i had.. so i asked..:(
yeah it kinda does, but i aint gonna try to be putting 3.0 parts on my 3.8 :D . oh are you talking about the SVT 2.5 DOHC contour?
its a contour i actualy think has some good styling

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
yeah it kinda does, but i aint gonna try to be putting 3.0 parts on my 3.8 :D . oh are you talking about the SVT 2.5 DOHC contour? its a contour i actualy think has some good styling
yea i was talking about the svt contour :thumbsup: and as for the 3.0-3.8 adaptation... well thats what "adaptation" is all about right? lol jk:D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea i was talking about the svt contour :thumbsup: and as for the 3.0-3.8 adaptation... well thats what "adaptation" is all about right? lol jk:D
haha i just don't think i could do it short of taking the whole engine though.

So i guess i should look for a wrecked mustang or i could just make a cowl hood like i did for my 83 t-bird

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
could u possibly cut and adapt a cervini hood to fit onto your 96? that would look bad ass

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
could u possibly cut and adapt a cervini hood to fit onto your 96? that would look bad ass
Anything is possible, i could probaily reproduce the shapes without cuting one up. Glass and carboard are awsome tools. hit me with a pic so i know what you're talking about

1 - 12 of 12 Posts