TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
to do it right a donar car. thats what i did, and still a lot of small stuff you wouldn't expect. or just slap a carbed engine in there and be done with it, that's what i wish i did.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
search is your friend on this one, there has been mutiple threads on it , i have done it, and 5.0 chero has done it. i dont know of anyone else who has. but mine i rewired the whole front of the car to work with my headlamps and dash . you might get lucky having a later car. and you need a fuel pump , rear end , and a bunch of odd parts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i found a carbd 5.0 i wanna drop in am i right to assume a ecu outa a 5.0 mn-12 would not work due to 92+ they were efi ? and on another thought would i need a ecu at all ?

·
Registered
205 Posts
i beleave thats the point of going carb since you have no injecters and sencers to mess with just air spark and fuel and your off

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
tbirdman93 said:
to do it right a donar car. thats what i did, and still a lot of small stuff you wouldn't expect.
That's the best advice, right there. Don't even consider the carb engine swap if you still question whether or not you can use an ECU out of a '92 with it. (not trying to be mean) but it's obviously going to be over your head. You're going to need the donor car for reference, or it's just going to end up being one of those unfinished projects that'll get sold for about 1/4 of money you've got invested into it in a couple of years, just because you're tired of looking at it in the driveway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
would it be possible to use the v-8 ecu just for the motor and leave the 3.8 wiring in there for the lights and such?

::EDIT:: this would be a motor and tranny swap

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
you need to find a donor harness if you have a motor, and it has to be out of a 91-93 cat for everything to plug and play

1 - 9 of 9 Posts