TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive got it all set up. I made a 1" spacer and the TB is securely on the upper intake...I run into problems after this....

If I bolt the TB itself directly to the upper intake without the spacer I dont have enough space between TB arm and the bracket that holds the cables to allow the TB to fully open.

With the 1" spacer I have enough room to open the TB but the TV cable gets pulled much to far and gets stuck on a stop underneath the spring when I try to close the TB. (See picture) The TB also does not have enough slack to return to its fully closed position.

How do I loosen the cables between that bracket and the TB arm? Or can I somehow shorten the cables between the TB arm and bracket and not use the spacer? <---IDEAL. I realize that i will need to readjust the TV cable before it is driven.

Your suggestions are much appreciated. Sorry if this is hard to understand...

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
AEDM8 said:
Sorry if this is hard to understand...
Yeah, Im totally lost :confused:

BUT, when I got my 60mm 5.0 tb from Flex, he sent me an extension bracket that expended the cable mount on the upper manifold. Maybe you'd be able to do something with that, if that is the problem you are speaking of...?

-Thomas

1 - 2 of 2 Posts